Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky TV Boosts Not Working

15 REPLIES 15
Keith330
Team Player

My Sky TV channels have not been working since yesterday. I keep getting "There is a problem with your channel.  Please check your internet connection then try restarting your router.  Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router. PC6023."

I have done all of the above a number of times without any success.  Has anyone else had this issue and if yes how did you fix it?  My talktalk box software is up to date.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Keith330

How is your box connected to the router, directly with an ethernet cable or Power Line Adaptors ?

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Keith330
Team Player

Directly with an Ethernet cable.  My phone number is in my profile. Router is working as I can watch iplayer etc

Keith330
Team Player

I had the same issue about 3 years ago.  I rang up TalkTalk and they just said the usual things i.e. switch off your router, reboot the set top box etc and nothing happened.  In the end I got it sorted on hear by Karl, it was something to do with a software update.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Keith330

You could try Blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information Update Software and Update Players and apps. Also try More TV from that menu > My stuff as that will check for subscriptions.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-ipc6023

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Keith330

Everything looks ok this side, nothing stands out. It could be the router failing.

First, turn the router off for 30 minutes.  This will clear the current exchange session then power on and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Keith330
Team Player

Tried what you said. Still no joy. This is exactly what happened about 3 years ago and it dragged on for over a week.

OCE_Karl

Hi Keith

A replacement router is on the way to see if this is failing.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Keith330
Team Player

Thanks, but as I said before this is the exact problem I had about 3 years ago.  My internet is working fine, I can access BBC iplayer, ITV Hub, Sky catch up etc. through my TalkTalk set top box.

OCE_Karl

Hi

The players such as Iplayer etc will use the usual internet data for streaming, but live TV broadcasts will use IGMP data.  Think of it like a second signal piggybacked on the internet signal.  If a router is starting to fail it may not be forwarding on the IGMP data needed for live TV but the internet signal is still getting through so the players would still work.  This can be common in a router that is failing and the only way to rule this out is to swap out the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Keith330
Team Player

Hi Karl,

I received my replacement router today and still have the same problem.  I'm sure last time the problem was due to my talktalk set top box having the software updated.  You downgraded my software to the previous version which fixed the problem.  Please please sort this out, it is now 6 days without my Sky channels.

Keith.

OCE_Karl

Hi Keith

Turn the router off for 30 minutes to clear the current exchange session, then turn back on and retest.  If not working following this I'll get the bx swapped out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Keith330
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Tried turning replacement router off for 30 minutes, still no Sky TV.

Keith.

OCE_Karl

Hi

Replacement on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Keith330
Team Player

Hi Karl,

My Sky channels have started working again. I haven't done anything to my set top box or router.  I also tried the old router and could also get the sky channels to work with that one.

Keith

OCE_Karl

Hi Keith

There may have been some network disruption that was not visible to us remotely, or maybe Openreach are working in the area etc.

Main thing is the channels are back.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips