cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Sky and Sky Sports Boost not working

20 REPLIES
YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Hi,

Since Sunday my Sky and Sky Sports Boost are not working.  I went to 403 to watch the footy and just got a blank screen.

I tried all the Sky Sports channels and Sky One etc and the same.  I've mssed 2 Premiership games due to this.

I've restarted my tv box and router, but still no Sky Channels.

Support please check and advise.

Community Team

Hi

I've updated the router firmware. Can you power off all equipment for 30 minutes, then power on and retest and let me know if the subscription channels are still blank when selected from the guide.

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Hi Karl,

I tried that, but still no Sky Boost Channels.  The box is getting internet because I can play iPlayer etc. on it.

Also, I've noticed my password to log on to the router no longer works, did the firmware upgrade reset the router to factory default?

Community Team

Hi

The update may have reset the router, the login password should be on the sticker on the router.  

A replacement router is also on the way to see if the current router is failing to process the TV data correctly.

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Hi,

The replacement router arrived today and I have installed it.

I have tested the Sky Boost channels, but I still can't get them, just a black screen.

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

@OCE_Karl, Can this be escalated to support as 5 days without paid for channels isn't good enough?

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Been a week now and I've been on with support 3 times and still no fix. Think I'm due a refund of the cost of these boost channels seen as I'm not being provided them.

Community Team

Hi

I've asked our network teams to log this out to a multicast engineer to check that the IPTV signals are being passed across the port from the Openreach side,

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

OK thanks, that seems a more plausable reason for the issue as it has always worked and nothing has changed on my home setup.

Any idea when the Engineer will be attending to investigate the issue?

Community Team

Hi

Networks have confirmed this has been logged out for a multicast engineer to visit the exchange and check the traffic at the port.

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Thanks Karl.

Community Team
frank44
First Timer

Have you checked your internet speed with a speed checker. Apparently you need a broadband speed of at least 5 Mb/sec to receive the Boost Channels. I was getting 1.92 on Talk Talk Fibre even though I was receiving about 30 Mb/sec when my Talk Talk TV Package was installed in September.It seems that it was a fault on the internal phone wiring that had caused the signal to shrink. The Openreach Engineer quickly diagnosed the problem, reset the signal from the exchange and the Sky Boosts then worked.My download speed is now 38.1.

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have checked and I'm getting 38mb dl and 10mb ul.

I think the issue is going to be at the exchange as nothing has changed in my house.

Community Team

Hi

This is still with Openreach and is under investigation.  Early reports advise they have identified a Multicast VLAN issue possibly affecting a number of customers running off the same MSAN at the exchange.

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion
Thanks for the update, do Openreach have an ETA for a fix?
Community Team

Hi

If this was a single issue, BT would reconfigure the VLAN and this would be done within 24hrs, as this is an issue affecting a number of customers off that exchange, we do not currently have an ETC however they will prioritise this.

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Hi,

Any update from Openreach with a time to fix?

Appreciate this is a 3rd party issue, but I've been without a paid service for nearly 3 weeks now.

Also I need to contact Talktalk to arrange a refund on this months tv boost packages, so what is the best process to follow to get that?

Community Team

Hi

I've emailed networks to contact BT Openreach to get the latest update and find out what work they have done.  I'll reply back as soon as I get the update.

With regard to billing etc, Live Chat to our billing teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

YORKYUK
Chat Champion

Nothings really changed, but today when I checked sky sports ch 403 I still get the blank screen, however this time it gave an error code.

The code was IPC6023.

I checked my internet speed on various checkers and on average across these checkers I'm getting 35+mb speed so not sure why it gives error IPC6023.

I've had a missed call from TalkTalk today, but they didn't leave a message so not sure if it's an update on this issue.