Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky channels keep pixelating

7 REPLIES
tyjlloyd
Chatterbox

Hi, can anyone help, please?

For several months we have been suffering with the Sky channels pixelating on the tv box. At the same time, our internet speed is really slow, so the only way to sort it out is to restart the router, so we can watch Sky clearly. But, after a few days it starts pixelating again. We upgraded to the faster broadband and Tv plus box, hoping it would solve the issue, but it hasn’t. I contacted your technical team the other week, who say they updated the router, but it still hasn’t solved the problem. Before restarting the router, a speed test result is approx 3Mbps, but after restarting I get approx 30Mbps. I’ve tried different cables, and even moved the router so it’s plugged into the incoming socket, and the tv plus box is plugged directly into it - but it still makes no difference.

Is there anything else we can try?

Community Team

Hi

I've updated the router to the latest firmware.  I am seeing a possible line fault remotely.

Can you confirm if the home phone is working with a clear dial tone, no noise or crackling.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

tyjlloyd
Chatterbox

Hi, thanks for that.

As for the home phone, we’ve had crackling when a certain relative rings, but we’ve just tested it out with both in coming and out going calls, and it’s fine. We have a clear dial tone, and there’s no noise or crackling. 

Community Team

Hi

I've raised this to openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

tyjlloyd
Chatterbox

Hi, ok it will be interesting to know the outcome regarding the phone line.

With regard to Sky pixelating, we’ll keep an eye on it, and let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Post back in 24hrs and we can see what BT have done.

Karl 

tyjlloyd
Chatterbox

Hi, 

Have you had any word back from BT with regard to the possible line fault?

thanks

Community Team

Hi

No updates from Openreach as yet.  I've checked and the fault is still open and under investigation with them.

Thanks

Karl.