Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky sports

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have complained about a problem with sky sports and have had an engineer out who sent a report into you and you got in touch with me and said you was looking into the matter, for about three weeks it has been ok but tonight watching a live football match The problem has started again.bad puzzling on the picture. What has changed

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Are the sports channels working at the moment.  Is it only sports affected, do any other boost channels break up ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I can't watch sky sports at night but during the day it is ok.we watched football yesterday but as soon as it got to about 7.00pm couldn't watch the channel at all just kept pixalating and had to switch it off

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Can you check if this affects all the sports channels or just a single sports channel.

Are other boost channels affected when this happens ?

Do you notice if any internet devices are affected at the time, slow down, dropping connections etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It happens to all the channels,I don't have any more boost's,when I first reported this about 6 weeks ago it went ok for about 3 weeks when they said they were looking into the matter then all of a sudden it started again last week. They sent a engineer out and he said I have done everything from my side that I could he also sent a report saying the same.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Nothing shows out of the ordinary from this side.  I want to get a different model router out to you to rule out a hardware issue, and this will also help our teams if they need to pull the logs from the TV box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

This used to happen when I was on normal broadband and Was advised to upgrade to fiber broadband and this should solve the problems.you sent an engineer out and he checked everything and I even changed from online adapters to a lead all the way around my house.how is a new router going to solve my problems. As I stated before it worked perfectly for 3 weeks when you did something the last time but now I'm having the same problems as I have had since I got Sky sports right at the beginning

Highlighted
Popular Poster
7.55 pm 3/4/18 trying to watch football and still the picture pixilating and going to have to turn it off again, at this time I am going to be asking for some sort of compensation because you are not giving me the service you are charging me for
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

IPTV services use something called IGMP, this is a little more susceptible to network related noise than the normal internet signal, and if the router is not processing this correctly this can also cause an impact.  When the new router model arrives this will help rule out the router failing and also give me accessto the TV box for diagnotics.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I hope this solves the problem as I said yesterday we are paying for a service we are not receiving
Highlighted
Popular Poster
New router has arrived and installed,I will see how it goes when live football match is on at night, nothing on until Friday 6th is April.
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Do you need the old router back if so could you send me a pre paid bag do send it back in
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Sky sports ok last night but it needs at least three to four weeks to see if they problem is solved because this happened last time and after three weeks it started again
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Brian,

If any issues occur, you can post back in the community and we can pick this up for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Since getting the new router sky sports is now ok only hope it continues as last time it lasted three weeks,thanks for your help. Will keep you posted and let you know if it changes

Highlighted
Community Team

Please let us know if you need more help with this. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I had the same problem, the new Router solved it for me, even with multi room.