cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Smart TV application has vanished

dobbylovesocks
Team Player

I'm not a talktalk broadband customer, nor do I want to be. however if that's the reason I'm seeing this screen, again not my problem. It's up to talktalk to sort out all webpages.

I was still sold films from this screen, with this information. As were (I assume given the other posts) that other people were too. 

It changes nothing as talktalk still took my money from this webpage quite happily, therefore had a duty to keep it updated and factually correct.

They also have my email (surprise), so could have close down this page, offered me an alternative webpage to purchase from, told customers the situation with Samsung/LG. But they chose not to.

Gondola
Community Star

...and the website link to the page mentioning Samsung support is?...

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
dobbylovesocks
Team Player

@Gondola

We can go round in circles all day (feels like phoning customer services :) ) however, if I go to www.talktalktv.co.uk/#/ and log in, I can scroll to the bottom, click 'watch anywhere' and it shows Samsung and LG listed as compatible devices.

I have circled it on the screenshot. 

That's what I see, from the page I purchase from...... 

From that same page I followed links to chat with the advisors too and to find contact details so it's a current page. I could also purchase a film from that same page today, I just now know I wouldn't be able to watch it :) 

very_unimpressed
Popular Poster

Hello Gondola,

In your reply to my question on Saturday, you indicated that you had escalated the enquiry to one of the OCE members. Other than simply waiting for a message, is there any indication that an OCE member has got my question and is working through the list of enquiries before contacting me?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @very_unimpressed

Escalated on 10 Feb.  When the TalkTalk support team see this topic at the top of their workflow list they'll reply here.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Community Team

Hi

The current list of supported devices for the TV Store can be viewed here : https://support.blinkbox.com/hc/en-gb/sections/200475586-Supported-Devices

Unfortunately it can take manufacturers time to catch up to changes to the app, but we cannot guarantee that future updates by the various TV manufactures will contain compatibility updates.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

very_unimpressed
Popular Poster

Hi OCE_Karl,

Can you possibly phone me directly to discuss this as going back and forth through this forum is so long winded? Please dont suggest i call customer services as on the two times i called over the weekend it was utterly hopeless.

regards

J

ferguson
Community Star

Nobody from here is going to phone you directly, the community offers online support only. And to discuss what anyway? The fact is that your so-called "Smart" TV no longer supports TalkTalk TV. But you still have access to your content via other means. This is just one of those things as services evolve in different ways.

OrangeBucket
Participant

It would certainly have been helpful if TalkTalk had been proactive in notifying their customers that the Samsung Smart TV app had ceased to function with their reorganisation of their online services and that they would be unable to update it. They managed to notify customers when they dropped the bombshell that they were withdrawing support for UltraViolet so they can do it when they try. They would know which customers were using the TV app. Instead I only found out when I tried it one day and nothing much happened (it was even more broken than the support website article I hunted down suggests).

It would also help if TalkTalk were a little more efficient in managing their websites so they don't carry conflicting information. For example, the website does indeed imply that Samsung TVs are supported if you follow the 'Watch Anywhere' link, however on the same page is a link to their Terms and Conditions which gives weight to the support.blinkbox.com website and in particular to the URL https://support.blinkbox.com/hc/en-gb/categories/200157283 for supported devices and that does not mention Samsung TV (unfortunately that isn't the same link as published earlier, although the content ties up). I would have thought that the Terms and Conditions is the key document when it comes to talk of a possible breach of contract, whereas the website would be considered more as advertising.

My tuppence worth is that the situation must be hugely frustrating, but I can't see that TalkTalk are at fault here. The paid for content is still available to be viewed using freely available current technology, and it rather sounds like they did their best to make it available using older technology too.

Community Team

Hi

Samsung have not supported the TV apps from 2014 and would not accept the newer app for their TV platform. This was beyond our control as these decisions are made by the individual manufacturers, but the TalkTalk TV content can still be enjoyed across other multiple devices.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Chrisbrickie
Sightseer

Just thought I'd add my moan to this subject ,the app disappared from my Samsung tv ,I have a talk alk tv box but when I go to my stuff it says I don't own any films I have been a talktalk customer for many years but this is really annoying me ,has anyone ever tried explaing this problem by text msg to customer service ? I tried to no avail ....my contract is up soon ,methinks it may be time to write of all the films I bought and change to another company