cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Subscribed channels not working

75 REPLIES
ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I've been a TalkTalk customer since 1st Sept and have not had any of the subscribed channels working EVER - SkySports and Starter pack.

I have spent hours on the phone to TalkTalk, speaking to many different customer services people.

You have sent out three BrightSpark engineers as well as one BT engineer. The TV box was changed and a different router was tried by the last engineer, last week.

The BT engineer checked the line, which was giving a stable 32Mb, but he managed to increase it to around 54Mb. 

I have been extremely patient but have now reached the point where I will have no choice but to cancel the service - which has not been what I signed up for. Very very frustratingly, I have been told this will be sorted in 72hrs - the fourth time this has been said to me.

On ringing up to cancel on Thursday, 3 days ago - I was told this would be "escalated" (another word which had been used many times!) to the Network team. I have heard nothing.

All I want is to receive the subscribed channels I signed up for and have already been charged for.

Can you help please before I cancel?

Thank you.

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chris

I'm looking into this now.  All account setup on our side is correct.  I've run  a test on the fibre line and speeds etc are correct, however it is clearly showing that Multicast is not enabled.   So, the TV services will not work until this option is enabled on the BT side to allow the TV Data to pass through their port and down the line to you.  I'm not sure if this can be fixed remotely or if it needs an engineer to the exchange, so I'll go have a word with our network teams and report back shortly.

Thanks

Karl. 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply – it makes a lot of sense! Although the BT engineer came out (and did a great job to up the speed) I don't believe he would have looked at the enabling of the Multicast channels.

This is the first positive news I've had in a month (literally!) since joing TalkTalk, so is much appreciated! Please keep me posted.

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chris,

No problem.  The BT engineer would not have looked specifically at multicast unless instructed but he would not have been able to fix this.  Usually we will raise this to openreach to see if they can re-configure from their side remotely, but if they cannot then we arrange a specific exchange engineer to look at the port directly.

Thanks

Karl. 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Great Karl,

Yes if you could organise the Openreach side of things asap that would be brilliant. I haven't heard back from the TalkTalk customer services since I spoke to them on Thursday, but am I able to leave this with you now to progress, or will I have to call them again?

Thanks very much.

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chris,

Leave this with me, and any updates or info you can request via this thread.

I've passed the issue to one of my TV Network colleagues and am just waiting to hear back from him as he will check things out on the network side and see if he can escalate to BT.

If an engineer is required, I've access to the BT Openreach systems so can quickly book this in.

As soon as I hear back I'll post an update.

Thanks

Karl. 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Thanks Karl.

My optimism has returned! Hopefully you'll be able to get this sorted for me really soon now, as it's been somewhat challenging/frustrating prior to your help.

I'll wait for your update.

Thanks again.

Chris

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

I've been looking after TV issues for a long time now, so I do get things fixed, but like everything, there's always a process to follow so I have to go through the proper channels first.

Karl 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Of course Karl.

Well hopefully I'll be setup watching Skysports soon enough – have missed too many games this month while I've been without access to it!

Thanks

Chris

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

Are you able to give me a timeframe as to when this issue will be resolved please? I appreciate there is a process but the customer service person I spoke to on Thursday, said I would have some news within 72 hours (i.e. yesterday).

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chris

I've had access networks check this and they advise there is no multicast data being passed across the port from the BT side.

So in other words, there is a configuration issue with the port at the exchange. I'm in the process of booking out an exchange engineer to go to the exchange and reconfigure this.

Thanks

Karl. 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Great stuff Karl.

Can you let me know please when the engineer has been booked and when they're going in to fix the problem.

Thanks again.

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chris,

slight setback.  Openreach will not dispatch an engineer as they are saying the line is not configured for the service product (TV) and needs to be provisioned.  

This is showing as set up correctly on our side and all account settings are showing correctly.

I'm contacting our provisioning teams now to look at this for me.

Karl.

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Oh no Karl.

Please follow up as soon as you can and keep me posted.

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in this. I've emailed our provisioning teams to look at this.

Thanks

Karl. 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Morning Karl,

Any update from your 'Provisioning team' on my issue? I really do need this sorted now or at least an idea of timeframe as it's coming up to 5 weeks since I joined TalkTalk – with still no subscribed channels. My second bill will be coming in shortly with no doubt the charge for these subscribed channels again.

Can you let me know please.

Thanks

Chris 

Community Team

Hi Chris

Our provisioning guys have been in touch this morning to say they have checked the account and setup here and all looks ok so they have been speaking to our network teams to arrange an openreach fibre exchange engineer.

I'm waiting for an update from them currently to confirm the engineer has been confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Ok thanks Karl,

Please keep me updated.

Chris

Community Team

No Problem, i'll be chasing this later today.

Karl 

ChristoffBas
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

I still haven't heard anything from TalkTalk – can you please chase up and let me know what the situation is re OpenReach sorting the issue. I don't particularly want to make yet another hour's call to customer services.

Alternatively, also let me know if the fault cannot be fixed and I will call the cancellation team again.

Thanks for your help.

Chris