cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Subscription Channels

21 REPLIES
Bodo1260
Chatterbox

My subscription channels frequently break up.. the lower portion of the screen becoming pixellated.  There is no pattern to the interference, if i reset the router it resolved for a few hours.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Bodo1260

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk support team and they'll come back to you right here. 

I see that Karl updated the router firmware only a couple of weeks ago.  The symptoms of screen pixellation on live streamed channels indicate low broadband speeds. You need a minimum consistent speed of 5Mbps all the way to the TalkTalk TV Box to ensure no picture break-up.  If your TV Box is connected to the router by Powerline adaptors are the led's green all the time?  

TalkTalk have produced a little video about improving home broadband speeds. Have a look and see if you can identify with any of the issues there.

As it says in the video, the TalkTalk supported routers are updated automatically and yours should have the latest available firmware. 

Try a speedtest.  Preferably with the router connected to the master socket or even better a test socket

Try a fast speedtest try: Fast (Click here)

Or the TalkTalk speedtester that you can log your number so TalkTalk can see your results: Supportal (Click here)

To check the router statistics open a browser on a connected device, log in to the router interface and follow the instructions here: click here: Sync Speed.

The OCE will check your line and router performance to see if there are any underlying issues.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls
Community Team

Hi Bodo1260

Router is in sync at 35mb and all line tests are clear and show no errors.

Check your phone line is clear.

If the youview box is connected with a cable, try a different cable or router port.

If using powerline adapters, make sure these are directly into wall sockets.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

I am getong 15MBs... so speed is OK... 

Community Team

Hi

Is the youview box direct to the router or via powerline adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

Hi there..

it is a direct connection.

cheers

Community Team

Hi

Speeds are showing as 35.5mb currently, can you run a couple of wired (not wireless) speed tests via https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/  and log against your home phone number so I can see your throughput speeds.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

OK I have done the test three times

8ms - 15.9MBps - 8.1MBps

8ms - 17.4MBps - 8.3MBps

7ms - 17.1MBps - 8.3Mbps

Community Team

Hi

I'm not showing any speedtests logged against your account, did you log these with your full home phone number in My Account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

OK, i tried again and did the test three times.. the speeds were not very impressive.

the figures should show as being logged now

Community Team

Hi

I'm not showing any speedtests logged here.  Did you enter your full home number including area code.

We do need the speed test results to be logged before we can pass the issue to our network teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

I have done another speed test using the link above, i'm getting just over 20MBps

It did not ask for my phone number

Community Team

Hi

Can you log into My Account  and run the speed test from there.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

i've done that again.... the last speedchecks were done through 'my account' anyway

Community Team

Hi

Can you confirm all tests were run wired with no other devices connected.

Can you also download and run this Network Test and PM the results to me.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

the TV box was still wired in but not on, ?standby?

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

I have run the new test

i have tried to PM you but i can't seem to get a text box to copy into

Community Team

Hi

Try now, I've adjusted your pm access.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bodo1260
Chatterbox

thanks.... i have sent it to you now

Community Team

Hi

I've passed these results over to our network teams to look into.

Thanks

Karl.