would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Subscription channels not working IPC 6023

27 REPLIES
Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi,

Have just subscribed to BT Sport channels. Subscription is live (can view via BT sport App), channels are listed under ‘subscribed’ section. 

Screen is black when we go to view the channel, followed by error message IPC6023. Test channel is a black screen also.

Have done a factory reset, no change.

Have done a full maintenance reset, no change.

Router was new last week, due to old one malfunctioning.

Have run various speed tests - speeds vary between 12mb and 45mb throughout the day.

Powerline adapters are fully working.

Please would somebody at TalkTalk look into this for me?

Community Team

Hi Eggy8

All looks ok from this side.  Do on demand players work ok?  Are the lights on the powerline adapters remaining green ?

Do you subscribe to any other boost channels etc and do these work correctly ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Thank you for replying.

On demand players do work ok.

Powerline adapters work and lights remain green.

We did originally subscribe to the entertainment boost package when we joined, but this never worked (same problems). I had spent hours on the phone to TalkTalk, had an engineer visit, who blamed the internet. A BT Openreach engineer was booked who confirmed the internet was fine, the powerline adapters were fine and that the router was working, but poor quality. Frustratingly, after more phone calls, nobody was able to explain why we couldn’t get the channels. I felt I had no choice other than to cancel the subscription - which I did, last year.

Having received a new router last week, which fixed our intermittent signal issues, we decided to order BT sport. Optimistically thinking that it’d work!

I’d be most grateful if you would look into this further. I did speak to customer services yesterday and they have arranged for an engineer to come out, but this isn’t until 14th April.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Community Team

Hi

One of my line tests has picked up an intermittent issue on the voice side. Can you tell me if you have any issues with the home phone, any noise or interference etc ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl, 

We’ve never noticed any issues with the phone. 

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi

I've asked our network teams to look at this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Eggy8
Popular Poster
Thank you. Do you know roughly how long until this will be done?
Community Team

Hi

As soon as I receive a reply to my email I'll post an update.  the team will have a few tickets to clear from the easter weekend but I should receive a reply today with their recommendations.

Thanks

Karl. 

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

I’m not exactly sure what the network teams discovered, but I received a new router last night.

Sadly, even after resetting the YouView box again, the problem remains unchanged. 

All BT sport channels remain black, as does the Test channel, followed by error message IPC6023.

This problem has existed over three different routers, I have a hunch the routers may not be at fault!

Community Team

Hi

I've asked our network teams to verify the VLAN settings are showing correct for this circuit at the exchange side.  If all looks ok, I've asked that they progress to Openreach to check that the Multicast traffic (TV) can be seen at the exchange port.

Thanks

Karl. 

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

I am unable to check these channels again until Friday 13th. They’re not working this morning.

We do have an engineer booked for Saturday 14th.

thanks

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Any news regarding the BT engineer?

Channels still not working. We have a  TalkTalk engineer coming out in the morning.

Thanks

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

The TalkTalk engineer has checked everything this end and is unable to fix the issue. We are still receiving error message IPC6023. 

The engineer advised that this is a platform / server issue and needs fixing your end.

Community Team

Hi

I've confirmed this to networks and asked for a multicast engineer to check exchange settings.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

A multicast engineer has been arranged to visit the exchange and confirm all traffic settings are correct.

This is not an appointed visit so no engineer will visit the home.

We usually allow BT 24 - 48 hrs to action this request.

Thanks

Karl. 

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Happy to report that we can now access our BT sport channels 😁

Thank you for getting this sorted - I wish I’d discovered this service last year, when we couldn't view our Entertainment Boost channels!

Eggy8 

Community Team

Hi Eggy8

That's great news, glad its all working now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Eggy8
Popular Poster
Hi Karl,
Frustratingly, we are having problems again!
The channels are working intermittently. The picture keeps sporadically pixelating, eventually losing the picture and sound entirely. We then have error message IPC6023 on screen for a few minutes until the process starts again.
We are paying for a service that isn’t working.
I look forward to your reply.
Community Team

Hi Eggy8, is this the subscription channels again?

Eggy8
Popular Poster

Sadly, yes.