cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Subscription channels not working

15 REPLIES
david888
Conversation Starter

Just got back from holiday and discovered that all subscription channel recordings failed since 20 November.  Viewing such a channel live shows error code IPC6023. Since then I have restarted the Youview box and reset the router. Still the same error. Youview box is connected to the router directly via ethernet cable. Internet itself working fine. Would appreciate any help from an OCE.

Community Team

Hi

I've updated the router firmware.

Can you power off the router and TV box at the mains for a full 30 minutes.

This will allow the exchange session to close.

Then restart the equipment and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

I have two HG633 routers. The one that is currently plugged in whose firmware you have just upgraded is the spare. The one that was plugged in while I was on holiday when the TV stopped working was already at v1.22.1t. I plugged in the spare which runs with factory settings to rule out a router problem. However, I will unplug everything for 30 minutes and let you know if it has solved the problem. Thanks.

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

Both router and Youview box have now been turned off at the wall for well over 3 hours. Unfortunately, it has made no difference. Still getting the IPC6023 error.

Community Team

Hi

All tests are showing clear and the connection looks fine.  I've a different model router on the way to you to see if this corrects the problem.

Thanks

Karl. 

david888
Conversation Starter

Thanks, Karl

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

The 6023 error is a communication error between the box and the server, so can be caused by the router or other issues that can impact the connection.  

If there was no error but just a blank screen then this would point to a multicast transmission issue, so we have to look at this as a connection issue.

Karl 

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

The new router came but it didn't fix the problem (the same IPC6023 error as before). Any further thoughts?

Community Team

Hi

Did you swap over the ethernet cable to the box ?

Are the on demand players working, IPlayer etc?

I do see an increase in connection drops, so next option is to look at an engineer.

To do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you PM (Personal Message) me with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • What package do you have with TalkTalk

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Karl.

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

To answer your questions:

1) I did not swap over any ethernet cable because the cable between the router and the Youview box is a long one. However,

2) On demand players are all working fine

3) I seriously doubt that it is anything in my home that is the cause of the problem, but if an engineer visit is necessary, so be it. I accept potential engineers charges. I am available anytime except Fridays.

At the meantime, is it ok for me to disconnect the D-link 3782 router you sent me and put the HG633 back on? The D-Link has a bug that stops a PPTP connection from working. This is a showstopper for me.

Community Team

Hi

An appointment has been scheduled for Tomorrow 7th Dec PM (1-6).

Thanks

Karl. 

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

The engineers have just been and couldn't find anything wrong with the broadband or my equipment. They said the multicast TV signal is controlled by TalkTalk. Please could you check your end again for possible account misconfiguration or provisioning errors? Thank you.

Community Team

Hi

I've asked if we can get a multicast engineer to the exchange to verify the TV traffic can be seen across the port.

Thanks

Karl. 

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

I presume the multicast engineer hasn't visited the exchange yet as the boost channels are still broken as of this morning. Any idea when this visit is scheduled to happen? Thanks.

Community Team

Hi

Multicast engineer has visited exchange and found an issue and passed this to another team within BT.

I'll email our network teams to chase for an update.

Thanks

Karl. 

david888
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the update. Please keep me posted.