Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Subscription channels pixelating/scrambling after watching for around an hour

13 REPLIES 13
Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

I've noticed that when watching a subscription channel for any length of time(usually an hour or so), the picture regularly degrades and pixelates until I power cycle the box for a while. Checking my internet speeds during these outages doesn't show any reduction in speed (usually showing 25-30mbps+). Help!IMG_3254.jpg

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Ezraharvey

How Is the TT box connected to the router? Is it a direct ethernet cable or Power Line Adapters?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi Ezraharvey

No line issues showing, all tests clear with no errors and speeds look fine.

Is it all subscription channels that are affected or a specific one ?

If connected via powerline adapters, are these direct into wall sockets, and have you rebooted all equipment from the router through to the set top box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

Hi both,

Thanks for the replies- my YouView is connected directly to the router via Ethernet, and it usually only happens with Sky Sports or Sky Sports News, HOWEVER, that’s probably because they’re the only boost channels I watch for any length of time! Once the pixelation starts, all subscription channels are affected until reboot. 

Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

Oh, and rebooting solves the issue, but only temporarily. It’s pretty inconsistent. 

Community Team

Hi 

I'll swap out the router to see if that is starting to fail.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

Awesome, thanks! Is there anything I need to do?

Community Team

Only connect it up when it arrives and test for a day or two and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

Hi! 

Unfortunately this has not reliably solved the issue, subscription channels are still sometimes pixelating with the new router in place. 

Community Team

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and retest over the weekend.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl, this did appear to improve things, though after watching for an hour or two today, it is still pixelating ocassionally on subscription channels :/.

Community Team

Hi

All line tests are clear, no issues showing.

Next option is to swap out the TV box to see if that is at fault.

I'll get a replacement out to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Ezraharvey
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

I’ve returned the old hardware, but I don’t know if I left my details in the box! I can give the Royal Mail reference number if that helps find it?

Community Team

Hi

You don't need to give any details.  The serial number of the box is linked to your account. This is the number the logistics teams use to book the device in and locate your account linked to the device :)

Thanks

Karl.