would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Subscription channels unavailable

13 REPLIES
drdwridav
Team Player

Hi

This is second day in a row I've not been able to access channels (i only subscribe to sky sports), and just when cricket is about to start :-(

I got a subscription channel unavailable message last night. After about 10 minutes it started working again. 

Today it has gone again, and no sign of it coming back this time.

I've followed instructions and rebooted box, rebooted router etc etc. No difference.
Please help

David

Community Team

Hi David

No issues showing remotely.

I've a replacement router on the way to you to see if this could be failing.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

drdwridav
Team Player

Thanks Karl,
Much appreciated. It's still the same issue today.

David

Community Team

Hi

OK, the new router should arrive tomorrow and we can see if this helps with the issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

drdwridav
Team Player

Thanks for the new router Karl. Looks sleek compared to my old one...

...unfortunately it has not made any difference. I've found that which ever router I use if I reboot router and youview box I can get sometimes get it working again, but as soon as it goes into standby (or sometimes just by changing channels) I lose it again and get a subscription channel unavailable, error code IPC6012 message. 

Looking through the forum it seems identical to the one being experienced by VickiW? Really frustrating.

David.

Community Team

Hi

Is the TV box direct to the router with a cable ?

Thanks

Karl. 

drdwridav
Team Player

Hi Karl

Yest straight in to the box. Tried 3 hours last night turning everrything on and off to watch the golf. No luck! So I've now tried 2 routers, 3 ethernet cables, and even changed the micro filters :-(
Dave

Community Team

Hi

If you check the home phone, can you hear a clear dial tone or any noise or crackles.

Thanks

Karl. 

drdwridav
Team Player

Clear dial tone, all fine at that end. Broadband working fine too (60+ mb download speed) - just the tv issue!

Community Team

Hi

Checked everything this side, no issues showing at all.

Next option is to swap out the TV box to see if it is at fault.

Replacement on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

drdwridav
Team Player

Cheers Karl,

Much appreciated

Dave

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

drdwridav
Team Player

Not totally sure where the issue lay, but combo of replacement box and router has it working again. No problems for last 24 hours so fingers crossed. 

I've swapped out the talktalk box and sent the old one back yesterday.

Thanks for all your help Karl

Dave

Community Team

Hi Dave,

Whatever the issue, just glad it seems to be working now.

Regards,

Karl.