Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TALK TALK TV BOX FAULTY

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Our Tv Box fails to turn on sometimes and we have to turn it on and off and unplug it to wake it up again.  It fails to record and if it does it only records about 3 mins of a programme.  We have put it back to factory settings and this has not made any difference. 

This has been happening for a couple of months and I've tried to call but go round in circles with automated recordings wanting to check our connection and then guiding me back to the number I first called on.  This is very frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Karl,

Yes this has been tried but no improvement.

Highlighted
First Timer

I have the same problem. The box has become increasingly unreliable, cutting out during recordings, crashing during playbacks. I have taken your advice on maintenance mode but it now appears to be completely dead. Please advise @OCE_Karl 

Highlighted
Community Star

@JaneE1 Please start your own topic and the support team will be glad to help. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kathy

I'll get the box replaced for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES