cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TTG-216 error ,no Netflix and unable to play rented films or update apps players

ANSWERED
20 REPLIES 20
Kwad67
Popular Poster

As a long term customer I've not had any problems up till now.

I have faster fibre ,sky movies and sport and up to 2 weekends ago no trouble renting films.

Then problems!

Went to rent "last jedi" but it will not play just get ttg-216 error. On the phone to talktalk tech. for almost 3 hrs only to find Netflix and app/player updating does not work as well. Oh and the techs. can't do anything  (they had no idea!) .Everything has been tested and is working fine waiting for a phone call from someone higher up (no faith in that!)

ferguson
Community Star

If you have been trying to make a purchase from TalkTalk TV then you cannot do so any longer, the services are in the process of being moved to Rakuten and you should have been advised by email, you can find further details in the help article here: https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/important-changes-tv-only-customers

There is a separate glitch with player updates where it states they do not work whereas in fact they do, are you actually having any issue using Netflix, or other players?

fre55die
Community Star

@ferguson

Customer is NOT a TV only customer.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Kwad67

I have escalated this to OCE support for clarification and hopefully a solution.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE can see this info.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ferguson
Community Star

@fre55die Not sure of the relevance of your comment? But by all means carry on.

Kwad67
Popular Poster
fre55die
Community Star

@ferguson

The link you gave ONLY refers to non TV (previously Blinkbox) customers. The box still plugs purchases.

ferguson
Community Star

Yeah, confusing isn't it? But no more purchases are available after 25 May, did you not get the email? Have you tried?

Kwad67
Popular Poster

Have added my phone number to profile as asked.

I do hope that the problems can be sorted soon (it'd been a good service up to now but the the total lack of understanding of the problem by the Tech. Gang over the phone and through messaging is rather worrying. (Plus I'm  £4 out of pocket!)

Kwad67
Popular Poster

the other players except for Netflix have been working fine as is the phone and all other tv channels. I never had the email about the changes but I did get one thanking me for renting the film.

fre55die
Community Star

@Kwad67

Contacting them from your landline or via chat is free. 

In my opinion and experiences you're better off on here for any solutions. It may not seem so as it isn't live in real time but, it saves both your sanity and in most cases a proper solution is readily received.

I haven't seen an E-mail either but I like you am a customer with boosts so my understanding is that nothing should have changed. I have seperately raised this to the powers that should know for clarification.

fre55die
Community Star

@Kwad67

What happens when you go to NETFIX app?

Kwad67
Popular Poster

Says cannot connect (some thing along those lines)

fre55die
Community Star

@Kwad67

Have you unplugged box for a couple of minutes and restarted it? It may be worth restarting router too.

fre55die
Community Star

@ferguson

No I haven't had E-mail and I don't see the point in buying things which will be free in a month, so no I haven't tried a purchase. The OP received a confirmation of purchase E-mail.

ferguson
Community Star

So I now know, @Kwad67 have you tried accessing your purchase on other than the YouView box?

Kwad67
Popular Poster

Yes many times and had the line tested 4 times too.

Kwad67
Popular Poster

No but never had problems before.

fre55die
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Kwad67

I am assuming that the yes many times was in answer to my question about restarting box.

It may be worth trying a Maintenance reset which will keep your recordings as follows, this will reinstall the software :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in power .

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

Kwad67
Popular Poster

sorry it took so long getting back to you , life got in the way !

Did everything you said and lo the films now playable, Netflix comes up and everything else looks to be working too!

Wish I'd known about the maintenance reset before , could be a bit of a life saver!

Many thanks