cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV £4 month charge. So angry with TalkTalk right now !

5 REPLIES 5
patricia123
Chatterbox
Hi,  Just wanted to share this online chat I had earlier.  It may or may not be helpful to others.  Think it deserves to be public !  Happy Reading !!

General Info
Chat start time Sun, 27 Jan 2019 16:18:55 GMT GMT
Chat end time Sun, 27 Jan 2019 17:17:42 GMT GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:58:47
Operator MIA

Chat Transcript
TalkTalk: Hi, welcome to TalkTalk. One of our agents will be with you shortly.

Changes to your account will only be made when confirmed in this chat.  If for any reason your chat ends before receiving confirmation, please chat back.

This conversation will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes and may be used in the future to help us deal with your queries quicker. To find out how we will use your data, visit talktalk.co.uk/privacy.

TalkTalk: You are now through to Gloria. How can I help you?
Gloria: Good Morning, Patricia.

You have come through to the Customer Service and Billing Team.
How can I help you?

Patricia: Hello, I am worried about this £4 month charge for TV. I have been told everybody will be charged. I don't even have a tv box. Will I be charged.?
Gloria:
I understand that you are inquiring with regards with regards to the £4.00 TV charge inquiry and I will do my best to assist you, Patricia.

Patricia: thank you
Patricia: can I just say that I don't have a Talktalk tv box.
Patricia: all I have is telephone and router
Gloria:
Thank you for your information.

Gloria:

Let me look into your account so I can help you.

Gloria:
Please confirm your name and surname.

Patricia: Patricia
Gloria:
Thank you.

Gloria:
I can see you have logged into MyAccount before chatting with us today so there's no need for us to ask any security questions.

Gloria:
It is only the Phone and Broadband package that are part of the fixed price guarantee. The TV is an additional service that’s non-contractual, so unfortunately, it’s not part of that guarantee. If you like, I can remove the TV Service for you so you won’t be charged the fee. Alternatively, if you prefer you can keep the TV service on your account for £4 per month.

Gloria:
We’ve invested lots in our TV service over the last few years, with the introduction of Multi-room and even more great content. As a result, we’re having to introduce a small charge of £4 per month which is the equivalent of 13 pence a day.
We’re also going to give you a £5 voucher to redeem on a film. If you are on one of our Fixed Price Plans we guarantee your broadband price plan will stay the same. However, the TV service is not included within this Fixed Price Plan. Would you like to keep the TV service? Or alternatively I can remove this service for you today.

Gloria:
With the charge, you’ll continue to receive access to over 80 channels, to On Demand players and the ability to add and remove extra channels when you want to. To add to this, you’ll get a £5 voucher to redeem on your choice of film or TV show. Plus, for a one-off cost of the box and installation, you can access Multi-room.

Patricia: I don't have a talk talk tv box. I don't have any tv box. I cannot access any tv services.
Gloria:
Thank you.

Gloria:
However you won’t receive the new benefits of TalkTalk TV (Removal of fee for Multi-room and £5 voucher). You will continue to be able to use the TV box and watch freeview television.

Patricia: I don't have a tv box. Never had one
Gloria:
I understand.

Gloria:

What I can do is offer you a one month free of TV services to see if you like it and if not you can then come back on chat and choose to opt out.

Gloria:
Do you wish to have a TV Box?

Patricia: I don't have a tv box. I don't want a tv box. I don't even watch tv.
Gloria:
Okay.  I will put in a request to have the TV charge removed.

Patricia: I want it removed now please
Gloria:
I can confirm that I have removed the TalkTalk TV charge and this will not appear on your bills.

Gloria:
May I ask, how is your day so far and is there anything else you need help with?

Patricia: can you confirm that I wont be charged £4 next month or any month in the future
Gloria:
You will not be charged the £4.00 for the TV services on your bill.

Gloria:
May I ask, how is your day so far and is there anything else you need help with?

Gloria:

I just want to check if everything is okay as I haven't received a response from my last post to you?

Patricia: I am so disappointed with Talktalk. I cant believe I have to opt out of a service that I don't even use and cannot even access. I don't have a tv box, yet if I didn't opt out I would have been charged ?! I have not been written to or received any emails about this. I will be complaining.
Gloria:
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Gloria:
Do you wish to open a complaint?

Patricia: Yes
Gloria:
Okay.  Please confirm your mobile number.

Patricia:
Gloria:
Thank you.

Gloria:
What would you like the resolution to be to your inquiry as I have assisted you already and removed the charge?

Patricia: I just want talktalk to know how angry and disappointed I am. I am 75 years old never had a TV box yet would have been charged a £4 fee that I cannot afford for a service that I do not want and cannot access anyway !
Patricia: The fee should have been put on to the TV boosts so that only people who use them will pay.
Gloria:
Thank you for your information.

Gloria:
I understand and I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed.

Gloria:
I have opened the complaint for you and I will now direct you to the complaints team.

Gloria:
I will need to transfer you to the CSM team to assist you further on the query. Is that okay with you?

Patricia: ok
Gloria:
Do you have any more concerns that I can assist you with today before having the chat transferred over for you?

Patricia: no thank you
Gloria:
Please stay connected whilst I transfer you to the CSM department who will assist your further. Thank you.

Gloria:
Happy New Year.

TalkTalk: Please stay online whilst we transfer you to the relevant department who will be able to review today's discussion.
TalkTalk: You are now through to MIA. How can I help you?
MIA: Good morning, Patricia. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is Miah, one of the Customer Service Managers.

I wish you feel better despite having to take time to contact us today. By the way, there was a complaint endorsed to me. I am here to help you with that. Kindly do not close this conversation until we come up with an agreement on how we can resolve your complaint.

Just in case our chat gets disconnected, please wait for a callback anytime within the day. If we are unable to reach you, we will be sending you an SMS which you can reply with your most convenient time for call back.

Please give me 2 to 3 minutes whilst I quickly review your conversation with my colleague.

MIA:
Thanks for patiently waiting, Patricia.

MIA:
I understand that you are contacting us today because you were unhappy about the TV service fee of £4. Is that correct?

Patricia: I don't have a tv box, yet would still have been charged unless I opted out ? You would have charged me for a service that I cannot access and do not want !!
Patricia: how can that be right ?
MIA:
Sorry to know about what happened. I'll check what I can do to make it right or come up with better resolution.

MIA:
Looking into your account, I've learned that you only have free access to Talktalk TV store and that fact alone means you won't be charge for a TV service fee of £4.

MIA:
I was able to check on the record and I agree with you that you don't have a TV box.

Patricia: oh thank you !
MIA:
If you have receive the communication about the TV service fee, this is general announcement of Talktalk to all our customers.

MIA:
You are most welcome, Patricia.

MIA:
If in any case that you may think of getting TV service with Talktalk, the communication may help you to have an awareness of the possible charge which I think is best for all consumer to know about.

MIA:
I would like to confirm to you that you will not be charge for the TV service fee on your succeeding bills.

Patricia: when I spoke to Gloria she removed the charge. If I hadn't made contact with you, I would have been charged. !
MIA:
No.

MIA:
You still won't be charge even if you did not contacted us today.

MIA:
Our apology for the inconvenience caused you.

Patricia: You say I have free access to talk talk tv store ! I do not have a tv box at all. I have no acess !
MIA:
The Talktalk TV store can only be access through online and it does not require for you to have a Talktalk TV box.

MIA:
Therefore, you will not be charge for the TV service fee.

MIA:
Access to Talktalk TV store is free and you'll only be charge if you purchase a film.

MIA:
Sorry for the confusion but I  hope I have enlighten the details now for you.

Patricia: I believe that if I did not make contact today I would have been charged. Gloria said she removed the £4 fee. Reread from above. I would have been charged for a service that I do not want and cannot access. I am so angry with Talktalk right now !
MIA:
It was never our intention to cause unnecessary inconvenience or stress.

MIA:
To tell you honestly, even if you did not contacted us today, you won't get charge for the TV service fee. As I have mentioned to you and confirmed that you plan only includes a free access to Talktalk TV store which is accessible online and does not require to have a TV box from Talktalk.

MIA:
I am taking the responsibility to correct the explanation of the previous adviser you have chatted with.

MIA:
The communication that Talktalk send out is for all customer who have TV box and TV boost and for those who have no TV service and would like to have one.

MIA:
Just want to check if you are still with me?

Patricia: ok ,thank you. I need a lie down now ! Goodbye.
MIA:
You are most welcome, Patricia.

Just a quick recap just before you go on with your day.

MIA:
I have confirm to you that you will not be charge for TV service fee for all your succeeding bills.

MIA:
I just want to make sure that I have fully assisted you today. Do I have your permission for me to close the complaint?

Patricia: thank you
MIA:
Do I have your permission for me to close the complaint?

Patricia: yes, goodbye
MIA:
Your complaint closed down now. For more information about our complaints process, please visit our website at talktalk.co.uk.

MIA:
I appreciate this opportunity you have given me to assist you and resolve the complaint. Thank you again for your time and patience. This is Miah, Customer Service Manager. Have a great day ahead. Cheers.

marjen927
Conversation Starter
I also contacted TalkTalk regarding the £4 charge, funnily enough this is the only time I haven't received a Chat Transcript, so I'm betting they haven't removed the charge, I will have to wait & see. Also noticed a TV Starter Boost for £5.00 on my bill, but I don't have any TV boosts. I too feel let down and confused by this latest pricing, my bill keeps going up and up, now at £42:50 !!
Community Team

Hi patricia123

I'm really sorry to hear this. I will feed this back.

Thanks

Debbie

patricia123
Chatterbox

Hi, OCE Debbie, 

Thanks for reply.

Can you check my account please.  On my account page under my package it says, Broadband,phone and Tv.  And it gives me the option to add tv boost?!

I have not got a Tv box or ever had one!

Surely my package should state Broadband and phone only. 

Am very confused because as you can see from above, I thought it had been dealt with ?!

Thank you

patricia123
Chatterbox

Any OCE's about to help me with above query please?

ferguson
Community Star

Genuinely, help with what? You have already had confirmation about the £4 fee. And I think we are all waiting to see what happens with My Account when the new approach actually takes effect from next month.