Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Boost channels not working with powerline adapters

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi - I have recently had an engineer visit to look at an issue where we cannot view any TV boost channels when the Youview box is connected to the router via Talktalk supplied powerline adapters. 

The engineer temporarily connected the Youview box which is in the lounge with a long ethernet cable through to the router which is on the other side of the house, which allowed it to access the TV boost channels. He then reconnected the powerline adapters and TV boost channels remained active for a few days but they now cannot be accessed again. I have tested by connecting it with a long ethernet cable again and the channels work but we cannot have a long lead running through the majority of the house.

The powerline adapters are active - all green lights, the youview box says it is connected to the internet and all internet apps and players such as BBC iplayer work. It is just the TV boost channels that do not work and give the error IPC6032 to check the connection. The powerline adapters are hardware version A1, FW: 4.1.4.00. Are there new versions we can be supplied with?

We have been mostly without subscription channels for nearly a month now - any support would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Star

I think you have kind of answered your own question, powerline adapters are a convenient solution when they work, but sadly that is not always the case. 

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

I have been using Netgear Powerline adapters for years with no problems. When I was given a TalkTalk TV box years ago I found that plugging it in stopped the powerline adapter connecting the TV and video recorders to the network from working. The TalkTalk TV box was a pain to use and not worth bothering with so I reboxed it and have never used it. Recently I switched from ADSL to Fibre and resurrected the TalkTalk TV box. Plugging it in killed the Powerline Adapter again. I plugged the TalkTalk TV box power supply into a power socket just over two meters away from the Powerline Adapter and it started working again. I think that the Huawei power supply is radiating interference either airborn or onto the mains cabling. Moving it away from the Powerline Adapter suggests the former. It may not be the same problem but if the TalkTalk TV box supply is plugged in near the Powerline Adapter I would try plugging it in away from the Powerline Adapter to see if it makes a difference.

Highlighted
First Timer

@ OCE_Karl - I've put my account number into the phone number field of my community profile, thanks.

@Tony B - Thank you for the suggestion, I didn't think about trying that, unfortunately moving all other plugs away from the powerline adapter has not made a difference.

Highlighted

Hi jburwell

I've a new set of adapters on the way, lets get these swapped out and see if this resolve it.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Karl

I am amazed how quickly the new powerline adaptors arrived! I am pleased to say that the adaptors that came are a different version and have resolved the issue with the TV subscription channels.

However we have another 2 Talktalk powerline adaptors in the house which are the old version (as posted in my original post) and they are not pairing with the new ones. I have checked and tried to pair these with the new adaptors (ver C1) but they won't communicate, the pair light just keeps flashing.

Would you please send us another 2 powerline adaptors of the same version?

Thank you for your excellent support.

Highlighted
Community Star

Did you have a set of four to start with? Otherwise you can buy another pair here

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes we were given them by Talktalk originally, I don't feel that we should have to pay to resolve the issue with incompatibilities with TalkTalk's adaptors which has caused us disruption to our service already - I am happy to mail the old models back if needed.

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, wait for a further response from the support team. 

Highlighted

Hi jburwell

I'll get these replaced for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
First Timer
That's great, thank you Karl
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips