Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Boosts pixelating

3 REPLIES 3
SlowV6
Popular Poster

Hi There,

I would like to report a problem with my Sky Sports boosts pixelating across all 6 channels. This has been happening for a few days now.

FreeView channels via the TV aerial are not affected.

Catch up TV e.g via iPlayer are not affected. This is significant because sky sports boosts and iPlayer etc are both delivered via the internet and must both use the same hardware (router + power line adapters) in my house.

I have had sky sports via boost for over 18 months with no issues at all previously. I have recently renewed for another 18 months at a higher price, so this is very frustrating. I feel I am paying more for a worse service.

Please can you investigate if there are known issues with the delivery of TV boosts in my area.

Thanks.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

No issues showing with the broadband connection.  Do you experience any broadband issues ?

Can you check the home phone and see if it is clear of any noise ?

Is it possible to test the TV box direct to the router bypassing any powerline adapters to rule these out ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

SlowV6
Popular Poster

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. No we are not experiencing any broadband issues. We have faster fibre (to exchange I believe and the copper to house) and when I check using Speedtest.net it is usually 30Mbit/sec or higher.

Home phone is fine and as stated catch up TV does not pixelate. This is the part I find a little confusing because if it was an issue with the power line adapters I would expect boosts AND catch up tv to both play up. We do sometimes have to reboot the YouView box as it freezes on iPlayer programmes but I don't know if this is relevant. Perhaps the box is developing faults? We hardly ever reboot the router but I have over the last few days power cycled box and router but still the TV boosts pixelate. There are no changes to TV, which is a Samsung 4K model where apps like Amazon prime all work perfectly (wireless connection to router in this case)

i do have a long network cable and will connect youView box direct to router for a test.

thanks

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The Signal for live TV over the internet is slightly different than the signal for the on demand players etc.  IPTV relies on IGMP data.  Think of this like a signal piggybacking on the internet signal.  So On demand players will use the normal internet and the live channels will use this second signal.  As this is more sensitive to any disruption or issues that can be present in the copper line side of the circuit, you may not notice internet issues as this is a little more robust.  Also, some equipment if it is starting to fail, such as a router or powerline adapter may affect these IPTV signals first.  This is one of the reasons why we like to test directly to the router, to rule out a possible issue with the adapter if it is beginning to fail.  If the TV shows the same issues direct to the router, then we can look at the router first as a possible point of failure.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE