cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TV Box Pixaltion

12 REPLIES
Fikex
Chatterbox

For nearly 3 months I have been so stressed out and frustrated with the poor service from TalkTalk I want to leave yet I'm tied in a contract which is not worth the paper it's printed on as they are not providing a workable service. Since I upgraded my talktalk box I have experienced pixelated TV channels it's unwatchable I'm very disappointed. A talktalk engineer has been out to see the box when I pointed out that I could plug in my ariel into the built in TV freeview with no issues he told me all new flat screen TVs have a built in booster so I would get a perfect freeview signal. He then looked at my brand new hi gain TV ariel and told me that I needed a new one and marked it down as an ariel fault and left. I brought a booster thinking this would help it hasn't made any difference. Has any one got any suggestions what I should do next? The box pixelating is a long line of things that have gone wrong with talktalk and I've had enough. Any one experienced this issue with the Huawei DN372T? Anyone resolved this issue?

Community Team

Hi

Was another box tested to see if the tuner was at fault.  Did the engineer check this ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Fikex
Chatterbox

Yes the engineer plugged in another box the same thing. I called (and wasted £35 thanks talktalk) on an aerial engineer who has checked my ariel and connection and could not find any fault. The odd thing is when I had the older version of this box I had no ariel / picture related issues the box just got really slow. To watch TV I have to disconnect the aerial lead from the Youview+ box and plug it directly into the TV, i.e. bypass the Huawei box for the perfect picture the only watchable channels on the box are the HD ones.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Fikex

To save plugging and unplugging the aerial have you enabled the antenna out on your TT box, YV button > Settings > Picture and sound > Antenna out.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi

Can you Select BBC1 > Menu > Settings > TV Signal Quality and let me know what the signal strength shows as.

Thanks

Karl. 

Fikex
Chatterbox

The signal strength with youview 43% with booster. When plugged into BBC 1 freeview the signal strength is 100% with or without booster?

Any suggestions?

Community Team

Hi

The signal strength of 100% is that on the TV itself ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Fikex
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

Yep that's on the TV hence why the engineer told me I would get such a good signal because all new TVs come with a built in booster. I'll just have to ride out the contract with a duff box and then change to Sky.

Community Team

Hi

Would you like to swap out the box and see if this will help ?

Karl

Fikex
Chatterbox

That would be great thanks.

Community Team
Fikex
Chatterbox

The new box has resolved the pixaltion issue thanks Thumbs up

Community Team