would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Box unable to find YouView channels

8 REPLIES 8
MiltonMan
Conversation Starter

Hi

I am seeking some advice/help please. This afternoon, the picture on my TV Box suddenly froze and threw up a weak signal error message on all YouView channels. I have checked the ariel connection and tried plugging the ariel directly in to the TV where it works perfectly (crystal clear picture). I have also tried turning the box off at the back, a reboot by pressing the button on the front and a full factory reset all to no avail. The box just 'hangs' when searching for channels on the Retuning Channels page. 

Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks.

hosay299
Insightful One

Hi 

How long have u had that tv box could be a issue on it way out ???

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team

Hi MiltonMan

What signal strength is showing for the freeview channels, such as BBC1 & ITV ?

What does the signal strength show on the TV ?

Is the aerial direct to the box ? Are there any signal boosters or splitters in place for the aerial connection ?

Thanks

Karl. 

MiltonMan
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

Thank you for your reply. In answer to your questions:-

1. I can't tell you what signal strength YouView BBC/ITV are showing because the box will not retune and is just 'hanging' despite repeated attempts to turn off/on, reboot, factory reset.

2. The picture when I plug the ariel directly in to the TV is perfect on both BBC/ITV (I don't know where to look for the signal stength on the TV but the picture is perfect (crystal clear) on BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 (in fact all Digital channels). 

3. The ariel is connected directly in to the TalkTalk box (no splitters/boosters etc.).

I hope this helps. 

Community Team

Hi

Ok, then the next option is to swap out the box to see if its at fault.

Thanks

Karl. 

MiltonMan
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

Thank you, that would be great. Your help and speedy response are much appreciated. I assume the replacement box will come with a Returns Bag so I can get the faulty box back to you?

Once again, thank you your help.

Community Team

Hi

The box should have a returns bag.

Thanks

Karl. 

MiltonMan
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl

A word of thanks - the replacement TV box arrived today. Plugged it in and it's working a treat (it tuned in straight away without any problems and the picture is perfect). I will return the defunct unit tomorrow.

Once again many thanks for your speedy response and sorting the problem so efficiently.

Community Team

Hi

Glad the new box has arrived and is working.

Regards,

Karl.