would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Channels 3-8 disappear when tv is plugged into talktalk box

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

Last week the picture on TV channels 3 & 4 started breaking up. This also affected any recordings on the TV box.  I retuned the channels on the box and have now lost channels 3-8. If I unplug the arial and put it straight into the TV all the channels are there. There seems to be a problem with the box. It is one of the early models. Thank you for your help

Hilary Thomas
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Can you remove the aerial from the box and retune with no aerial connected.  Then, connect the aerial back to the box and then retune again.

Do the channels show after this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
First Timer
Solution

Hi Karl

I tried that and the ITV channels came back but no BBC channels 1,2 and 4. ITV channels, picture very broken up so cannot be watched.

Thanks

Hilary

Hilary Thomas
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tomhardy

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
First Timer
I have added my phone number
Hilary Thomas
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I'll get a replacement TV box out to you as I suspect this may be a Tuner issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
First Timer
Many thanks Karl. That would be great
Hilary Thomas
Highlighted

I have had the same issue and have been unable to rectify it. Have also retuned and lost channels 3 to 8. Is this also a box problem ?  

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Ccfcstevie

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl