Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Plus box not recording or playing existing recordings

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, my TV Plus box is failing to record any programmes. There is enough hard disk space to record new programmes so that isn't an issue. And I have checked connections, cables etc etc. And the TV box is also not playing any of my existing recorded programmes. I just get a blank screen and the programme never starts. I have scoured these forums for advice and have tried all the obvious potential remedies - restarting the box, a software reset, a reset to factory settings (retaining recorded programmes), and then a reset to factory settings (deleting recorded programmes). None of them have worked or fixed the problems above, and now I have lost all my recorded programmes! Any advice much appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
I've just got exactly the same happened to me. Could it be them. My second box in the bedroom is ok.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I also have the same problem and have tried all the usual remedies any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
Sounds as though it's happening to a lot. Can a Talktalk rep please advise on all these concerns. Asap please.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi HK,

I'm sorry to hear this. What happens when you try to record, do you receive any error messages?

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Michelle, no error messages. When I record a programme, it says it's recording when in the TV Guide screen, but then the red recording symbol disappears immediately. When I then go into My TV to view my recorded programmes, it says 'Failed to record'. Another problem with the TV box (in addition to those already stated in my original message) is that when I delete a mass of previously recorded programmes/films, it has no effect on the storage capacity available - i.e. the capacity available doesn't change at all.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle I received your email in reply to my comment on HK phooys problem which is the same as mine. Trouble is it's a no reply address so I dont know if you're talking to me or HK Phooy.

Yes. I get the 'failed to record message and am stll unable to watch previous recordings that I know are alright.

I've restarted the box several times to no avail. Regards Watch Manager.

Highlighted

Hi HKPhooey

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement TV Box for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

@Watchmanager - Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Michelle,

yes please, that would be great, thanks. When you say send a replacement 'for testing', what do you mean?

thanks.

Highlighted

Hi HKPhooey

I will send the TV Box and a returns bag, please keep the new box and return the old one using the returns bag.

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, I can then order this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Michelle, thanks. My phone numbers are already on my Profile. I presume you have my address OK?

thanks, Phil

Highlighted

Hi HKPhooey

I can only see mobile numbers in your Community Profile, please can you also add the TalkTalk landline number.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Debbie, I've now added my landline number to my Community Profile. Please could you give an indication of when the new box should arrive?

many thanks.

Highlighted

Hi HKPhooey

Thank you 🙂

The replacement TV Box is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie