cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV Plus box problem

22 REPLIES 22
Conversation Starter

I've got a problem with my TV Plus box.  It keeps stopping responding to the remote control and now it won't start up.  I have been through all the options on the maintenance menu, but it goes through the start up procedures each time, but then goes back to the screen saying there was an error in restarting and so I go through the whole process again.  Intermittently when going through the processes I get a bright green screen for a couple of seconds. As I say I have tried all the usual turn off procedures and all the maintenance steps, I don't know what else to try.  Do I need a new box?  Any help would be appreciated.  Cheers.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if required. We will then reply via this Community.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you. Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Conversation Starter

Hello Karl, thanks for getting back to me, I have added my home phone number as requested. Thanks.

Conversation Starter

Hello Karl,

I don't know if it's connected to the problem, but the box is getting quite warm/hot at the back. Cheers.

Conversation Starter
Hello Karl, did you manage to check?
Cheers.
Conversation Starter
Hello Karl, the box has been turned off for 24 hours. Now it is not responding to the the remote at all and the lights at the front of the box just keep cycling with nothing on the screen. Cheers.
Conversation Starter
3 days without TV Karl, do I have to contact someone directly at TalkTalk to get this problem sorted out?
Thanks.

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Conversation Starter
Hello Karl,

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards.

Jim

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Conversation Starter

Hello Karl,  the new box arrived this morning, thank you very much.  However after setting it up and re-tuning the channels a couple of times, there are no HD channels coming up at all.  How can I get the HD channels back again please.

Regards.

Jim

Community Star

Try this: pull the aerial out from the back of the box; do a full channel retune; that will obviously bring up no Freeview channels at all, but should clear the tuner memory; plug the aerial back in and retune again. Let us know how you get on. 

Conversation Starter

Tried that but unfortunately it didn't work.  This is a new box that arrived this morning.

Community Star

OK. Did the previous box pick up all the missing channels OK? Does your TV do so? Subject to that wait for further advice from the OCE. 

Conversation Starter
Yes the old box had all the old HD channels.
Community Star

And the TV?

Conversation Starter
no HD tuner on the TV, but it is ab HD set. Watched all the HD channels on the old box.
Community Star

Ah, OK. There have been a lot of retune events in recent months, it may be worth checking via Freeview what channels you can expect and whether there is more than one transmitter covering your area.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help

EDIT: Once you have got your postcode result scroll down the page and click on Detailed view.

Conversation Starter
Checked and all the HD channels should be available.
Community Star

OK, are all the non-HD channels available on your TV, or are any of those missing as well?