Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV -Talktalk Player issues

48 REPLIES
hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi,

Can i OCE please look at the account as the issue are logged more in detail i hope there.

Issues 1 - is on their the new series of air crash investigation should be on the catch up side as it is on Thursday Night @ 9pm on channel 317 National Geographic.

I have contacted the channel provider and they have said it should be on there.

However, as u can see on Ur player on that channel tab there is only 1 programme

WP_20180301_17_01_42_Pro.jpgTalktalk Player National Geographic

Here is what the channel said to me

2018-03-04.pngScreen shot of message from channel people

Issue 2 - also the other issue on the same player is that i cannot find this program on it, which is ncis Los Angeles.

The only ways i can find it is on Ur search feature and then find it but go to play any episodes that are there for it but cannot see a play button on the last screen, which is the list of episodes.

I have watched the first 2 of them but then cannot watch any of them??

Will do some photos of what i do to get to where i end up if that helps more.????

I have been chatting and in the end called Ur teach team and the manager has now gone down the route of a Bright spark.

I did explain to them that i think the issue is with Ur side not mine.

They got me to do the following:

1 - Restart the box by holding down the power button

2 - Do a reset and keep recordings

That is it. !!!!!!!!!!!!

They asked next to do a rest and delete the recordings but got 2 pages of them so could not risk it, as some are from January so would not be on catch up side.

Can i ask the following is there any other steps we can try????

The Bright spark is booked for the Saturday 17 march.

I think they will come and say what i am thinking it is Ur side on Ur player.

Issue 3 - When fast-forwarding on a recorded programme and press play our remote control sometimes does not do what when have pressed.

While looking on a fix for the issue i see there is a new version of control V4 could i ask if we can have one??

As we have a V3, one and we use the My TV area a lot that could be why this issue is happening.

Final thing where on my account does it show the booking of the bright spark as i have no confirmation of it only of the follow up call day after to visit and that was via text.

Can have some help or advice please.

google chrome spell check does not work in here any more where is a spell checker feature gone???

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

The brightspark engineer will not resolve an issue with missing content from on demand, so I would advise you to Live Chat with our colleagues and cancel this.

I've seen a small increase in reports regarding on demand content so i've reached out to our TV content teams to see if they are aware of these issues and see what they say.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

hosay299
Enlightened One

hi. But it was a manager of call centre that booked it as only way forward she said!!!!!!

Can I get a answer soon as not happy with the way ur support team handle this. 

Please see notes on account for ur clear information on what has been done

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

Pretty sure Brightsparks cannot do anything about TV content.  they can check physical setup, replace faulty equipment, but any content issues our side they cannot fix.  I've seen a couple of other customers also having issues with some Sky on demand episodes missing so I've highlighted these to our TV teams for investigation.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

hosay299
Enlightened One

so a check that would not cost me. 

As it is UR MANAGER that in the end Booked as she said it would sort out all 3 issues.  

I am sure u can see on Saturday I chatted with ur support team and in the end called and talked with a manager.....

what else can I do. As they should know better. 

could u arrange for a B4 remote control to be sent to us. ???

can u ask ur bright spark managers about if they can help or not???

Will keep it booked for now until further information about it is given. 

Hope that help
Joe
hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi,

ok So can i ask when will talktalk be fixing the missing stuff as i am missing out on the 7 day catch up of a program ???

Could i get a discount for the big issue i have as it is 2 programs???

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

I've flagged this to our teams and they are looking into this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi hosay299

Our TV teams are currently testing the titles mentioned.  

There have recreated the issue with Air crash investigators and are currently working towards a fix.

Thanks

Karl. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

hi. Ok thanks. 

what about the ncis program. Episode will not pay. 

also would they be able to put the whole series of air crash investigation on when fix????

what about a new remote control on the new V4 one. could u Request One????

what is causing these issues to come up. 

all seem to be related to ur player or change to improve it ??????

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

Our teams are looking at all the programs mentioned.  They have raised the issues to our vendors to restore the missing content. 

I'm not sure how much of the series will be available, this is dependant on what has already been contractually agreed.

Thanks

Karl. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

ok thanks.

what about a V4 remote control??

could one be sent. 

Hope that help
Joe
hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi,

Thanks hope to have some new soon then on a fix.

Will they let u know when a fix is done??? As how will i know ????

Will cancel the bright spark tomorrow.

What is the best way to renew my contract which ends next month.

as chat just give me what i see online and in MY account it shows me offer to get tv which i all ready do.

As it seems u offer same offers to long serving customers why have a customer loyalty team if they just offer what is online or what the sales agent offer????

Has something changed somwhere as somthing has but no for the good?????

Hope that help
Joe
hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi 

Up Date - I am now able to watch the ncis los angeles but i last night did again do it via the search feature so have not checked yet if i can find it on the talktalk player.

The air crash investigation is still not on the player as their is no programes listed for that channel now???

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

Our teams have been in communication with the supplier and are working with them to resolve the Air Crash Investigator issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

Thanks

for the up-date

i hope i have cancelled the visit for bright sparks as the agent was odd the way they did it told me the info on the cost side.

seems to take a while to just get them to confirm a cancelled appoinment.

can u check they have done it??

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

Hi

I've checked your account and it does show : Brightsparks appointment cancellation request successful.

Thanks

Karl. 

hosay299
Enlightened One

Hi

Thanks for info. Got ur PM Thanks again.

Have just renewed our contract as the team on here help make talktalk better as u have made the team look at the issue as the call staff just say boox a enginner to come and fix it so need inprovment there.

Hope that help
Joe
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

You should always try the community first, we love to help.

Karl 

hosay299
Enlightened One

hi Karl. 

seen more missing programs and others posting about it

does Holly have a Fix for the TalkTalk player over all???WP_20180311_18_02_12_Pro.jpgso when will TalkTalk have a full fix on player???

Hope that help
Joe
hosay299
Enlightened One

bump

any news on a fix???  

Hope that help
Joe