would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV and HG633 Router Connection Problem

10 REPLIES 10
Paul222
Popular Poster

Hi,

This problem started over the last month or so. Every morning we have to turn the HG633 router off and on to re connect the internet channels on the TV? The WIFi is not affected and works fine. I have set the router to "Always On" but no change. Yesterday the remote control channel change stopped working, which has happened before, so I switched the YouView box off, then back on again, when the box eventually booted up, we got the message that there was no internet connection? When I went to reboot the router I noticed that all the lights were on appart from the one for the TV? After rebooting the router the internet connection connects and works fine. I also noticed whilst rebooting the YouView box that only two of the three lights on the front of the box flash in sequence? Is this a fault indicator? Anyhow, is my system on a slow meldown? Or is there a simple solution? Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Paul

It's likely that a firmware update to the router will effect a cure.  So that's what I've requested for you.

This topic is now awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you regarding a router firmware update.

Updates are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your current landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account and select your line for the update.

Leave your TV Box in smart standby, your router powered and connected to the line until the OCE's reply here, probably Monday.  They'll check the TV Box and the HG633 router and either update to 1.22.1t or schedule an update via the update server.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Paul222

I've scheduled a firmware update.  Turn the router off at the mains for 2 minutes, then back on and this should trigger the update for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Paul222
Popular Poster

Thank you Gondola and Karl :thumbsup:

The router has been updated to v1.22.1t

I will let you know if the update has fixed the problem.

Again, thanks for the quick responce and help.

Paul.

Community Team
chrisjberks
First Timer

I have the same issue - is the update being rolled out to all? I have powered off and back on but my version stays at 1.22t Chris

Community Team

Hi chrisjberks

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Paul222
Popular Poster
Hi,

Just to let you know that the update to the router worked great, and that the connection problem between the router and TV is now fixed.

Thanks again
Community Team

Hi Paul

That's great news.  We also hope to have an updated firmware to rollout soon with even more improvements.

Thanks

Karl. 

angrita
Conversation Starter

I have a similar problem but can't work out how to start a new topic.

If anyone can help- would appreciate that.

Router: HUAWEI HG633
TV failing / Internet failing

For the last month, the TV light goes off on the router overnight about 6 nights out of 7.
This means I cannot get the GUIDE on my TV.
Resetting the router resolves the problem until next time.

For the last week I have been losing the internet connection on the router. The INTERNET light goes red. It does not resolve itself.
This has happened up to 3 times a day.
Resetting the router resolves the problem until next time.

What do I do now please?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @angrita

At the top of the page, under need some help ?  there are 3 sections then below these there is a blue button "start a topic"

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.