cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TV boosts not working just showing a blank screen

23 REPLIES
leemilligan
Participant

Hi,

My tv boosts are showing a blank screen, all the freeview channels are working fine. Ive followed the instructions by customer services to factory reset my box but still having the same problem. Ive spoken to live chat who just transfer you to technical. Last night i was waiting to connect for 1/2 an hou then it disconnected and the same is happening now.

Can anyone help please?

Community Team

Hi Lee

I've checked all settings here, and all looks ok. The TV port is correctly configured and tests are passing.  Speeds and line profile settings are correct.  I've checked your account and this is also set up correctly, the relevant info matches up with the IPTV database.  The product and ID's are correct etc, so nothing stands out.

First thing is to replace the router incase that is failing to process IGMP data, so a new one is on the way.  Please test this as soon as this arrives and let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant

Hi Karl,

Thank you you so much. Im really not getting very far with customer services after 3 days of messaging back and forth who now say an engineer is needed? Router works when cable is plugged directly to a lap top and youview box has been reset 4 times. router has been turned on and off 4 times also. Wifi seems slower though.

Regards

Lee

Community Team

Hi Lee

The router may work for general internet traffic but IPTV services rely on IGMP data and if a router is failing to process this data correctly then TV services will not work, but on demand and internet traffic will.

The new router can help rule this out.

Also, is your youview box directly connected to the router with a cable or are you using powerline adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant

Hi Karl,

No powerline adapter, the cable runs directly from router to youview box.

Regards 

Lee

leemilligan
Participant

Just had a message saying they want to send an engineer??

Community Team

Hi

The new router should be with you tomorrow or possibly Thursday.  I'd test this first before agreeing to an engineer, just to be safe.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant

Hi Karl,

Router arrived this afternoon, sadly this hasnt fixed the issue :-( you view box was reset too.

Regards

Lee

Community Team

Hi

I've reset everything here to see if this helps.

I've also raised this to networks to investigate and asked they confirm multicast traffic can be seen at the port.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant

Hi Karl,

Engineer arrived this morning and within 2 minutes said there is a fault on the line. Didnt check anything else and left.

Regards

Lee

Community Team

Hi

I've updated the fault ticket for our network teams letting them know an engineer has been and there is no problem at your end with setup etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant

Hi Karl,

Now been a week since the engineer said there was a line fault and its still not fixed. Ive spoken to customer services who just keep saying they are waiting for an update!!

Can you advise please? Your the only one whos helping.

Lee

Community Team

Hi Lee

Networks have tried contacting you to confirm a BT appointment as they are seeing a lot of CRC errors.

What date is best to request this,  Mon - Fri AM or PM (Excluding BH Monday)

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant

I had 1 extremely garbled 100mph message left on my home answerphone, couldnt understand a single word, name or number. They didnt try very hard nor call my mobile which i have asked to be used.

At the moment any day, i just keep getting excuses from every one. Last week we were told within 48 hours it would be sorted.

Lee

Community Team

Hi Lee

sorry about this, when is the best day to request the appointment.

Thanks

Karl. 

leemilligan
Participant
Community Team
leemilligan
Participant

Thanks Karl,

This will be a BT engineer? the green box is only 2 doors away.

Lee

Community Team

Hi Lee,

Yes, this will be a BT Openreach engineer (we've not received confirmation yet that the appointment has been booked)

Chris

leemilligan
Participant

Hi, boosts began working again Saturday despite the open reach engineer not being due untill today. Confused.