cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TV boosts not working

19 REPLIES
Rgeats
Repeat Guest

I signed up to talktalk in September with sky sports TV boost, but this has never worked. I have rang up time and time again, been through hours of checks (more than once!), had an engineer round twice,and had my complaints closed without fixing the issue, or simply ignored.

My issue has been raised with the network team at least twice, but they never call and don't seem to trying to resolve the issue. What do I have to do to get this fixed??? The customer service has been simply awful, it's so frustrating when you are paying for a service and not receiving it! 

Community Team

Hi Rgeats

Do other subscription channels work, is it only sports affected ?

Are all sports channels affected the same, or is it individual sports channels ?

Do you see any on screen error messages or just a blank screen when choosing a sports channel?

Are you able to test the TV box direct to the router with a cable, by passing any powerline adapters to see if this works ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Rgeats
Repeat Guest

Hi Karl,

It is all the subscription channels so all sports channels and sky 1 as well. The screens are just blank when I go to them, no error message. Also the test channel is blank too. 

Things like iplayer and netflix work fine so I didn't think it was a problem with the powerline adapter. The router is quite far from the box so it will be difficult to check the router connection directly. 

Thanks

Rick

Community Team

Hi Rick,

Are the powerline adapters direct into wall sockets ?  Are the lights on the adapters green or changing to red ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Rgeats
Repeat Guest
One adapter into the wall and one into an extension, all lights are green.
Thanks
Rick
Community Team

Hi

would it be possible to get the powerline direct into the wall and see if the same thing happens ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Rgeats
Repeat Guest
Hi Karl,

I have just tried it directly into a wall socket and the channels still don't work.
Thanks
Rick
Community Team

Hi

I've raised this to our network teams requesting an engineer look at the multicast settings at the exchange side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Rgeats
Repeat Guest
Thanks Karl,
How long does it normally take for them to check the settings?
Thanks.
Rick
Community Team

Hi

This is usually 24 - 48hrs.  As you are on fibre, our teams book out an Openreach Multicast engineer to go to the exchange and check all the multicast settings / VLAN are all correct, so this does also depend on the BT engineer availability.

Thanks

Karl. 

Jlucius94
Sightseer

Hi Carl,

Sorry to write on somebody else’s post, but please can you help me with my issue also on the forum? 

Everyone else seems to have have had a reply from you apart from me.

Thank you 

James

Community Team

Hi Jlucius94

I'll pick up your post / topic now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Rgeats
Repeat Guest
Hi Karl,
Have any checks been made on my exchange?
Thanks,
Rick
Community Team

Hi Rick

BT have been to the exchange.  From deciphering their notes, it looks like they have advised there is a possible issue on their DSLAM and no multicast traffic is seen.

I've emailed our network teams to liaise with openreach and find out what the next step is.

Thanks

Karl. 

Rgeats
Repeat Guest
Hi Karl,
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully this should be resolved soon then. It is a shame it has taken 3 months of calls to get this far, I wish I had posted on here in the first place.
Thanks,
Rick
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

As soon as I get an update I'll report back.

Karl 

Rgeats
Repeat Guest
Good morning Karl,

Have you had a update at all? As an update from my end I tried a channel again and it still didn't work, but this time I left the channel up for a while and an error code came up, IPC6023. I don't know if that changes anything.

Thanks, Rick
Community Team

Hi

Sorry for the delay on this on.  Our network teams have logged this back out to BT Openreach asking why they have not fixed this as yet.  They did mention there was an issue affecting all customers of their DSLAM so we have raised this and asked if they can reconfigure the VLAN settings there side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

We have had an update from Openreach that they have now resolved the issue affecting the DSLAM.

Can you reboot all equipment, router and TV box, and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Rgeats
Repeat Guest

Hi Karl, 

I have reset the router and TV box and the problem is still there I'm afraid. 

Thanks, Rick