cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TV box not connecting to the internet

9 REPLIES
dantheman191
Chatterbox

I appear to have a similar issue to many others on the forum, as my Huawei box keeps disconnecting from the internet. The issue seems to have started a few weeks ago and has got progressively worse. Restarting the TV box or Router rectifies the issue but this only last minutes before the internet provided tv channels/iplayer stop working again. I don't seem to have any issues with my laptop connecting to the wifi though. Can someone check my connection and push through any required updates?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @dantheman191

Is the router an HG633?  The model type is given on the top of the router's rear label.

If it is and the firmware hasn't been updated to the 1.22.1t version firmware then an issue can arise where there's a loss of connection to the Internet that rebooting the router fixes temporarily.

This topic is awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk support team.  They'll be back on 27th December.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Community Team

Hi

Is the TV box direct to the router with a cable or are you using powerline adapters ?

Do you have any other devices 'wired' and do these lose connection ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

dantheman191
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

I am using powerline connectors and there are no other wired connections.

Thanks

Dan

dantheman191
Chatterbox

Gondola,

My router is a DSL-3782.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi

Are the lights on the adapters remaining green or changing to red ?

Are the adapters direct into wall sockets ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

dantheman191
Chatterbox

They remain green and are direct into the wall sockets. This issue still hasn't been resolved is there anything else I can do? Really frustrating when trying to watch iplayer and channels that use the internet.

Community Team

Hi

I've a replacement router on the way to make sure this is working correctly and has no faulty ports.

Change the router and cables when this arrives.

Thanks

Karl. 

dantheman191
Chatterbox

So far, so good Karl. Managed to watch 3 programmes today with no interuptions.

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the new router has helped.

Thanks

Karl.