Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV box not recording some shows

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I've been a TT TV & fibre customer for a long time but a few months back some recordings were showing as failed - particularly Emmerdale on Mondays at 7pm. I put it down to the age of the box and so when TT offered me an upgrade for £50 I went for it, though the box doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. Still fairly slow navigating the UI and 9 times out of 10 it still seems to fail to record that particular episode. There have been other shows failed to record too but some are successful.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster
This is a new box and the recordings failed from it was newly setup. And also failed on the previous box. I tried the maintenance reset but the scheduled recordings still fail.
Highlighted

Hi jonnymccullagh

Apologies for this.

Do all recordings fail or does this only happen on certain channels?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Fails for ITV on Mondays at 7pm. Tried again on ITV+1 and that failed too.
BBC recordings have failed at times.
Highlighted

Hi jonnymccullagh

Does the signal strength show ok on the TV Box? It may be worth removing the aerial from TV box, retune, connect aerial and retune again.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense as the same issue existed on the previous TT box. This is a new box with the same problem so £50 down the drain from my perspective. I was wondering if it could be anything to do with the router - would that make any sense? Wifi does drop out on me sometimes requiring rebooting the router.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jonnymccullagh 

What router are you using and is it plugged into the main socket rather than an extension socket ?

There are currently "FREEVIEW" problems due to atmospheric conditions :

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Whizz Kid
I have the same problems with the Talktalk recorder box, sometimes it fails to record and sometimes it records only a few seconds of the program, although I have a Manhatton box in another room which never fails to record so I feel that there is a problem with these recorders. This has happened on another TT recorder box which eventually broke down and was replaced but it did not help. My signal strength is about 70% and the quality is 100%. I think there is a design fault with these recorders. As I said the Manhatton recorder never fails to record. I have swapped them over but the TT box still fails but the Manhatton does not.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Router is Huawei HG633 and the tv box gets ethernet via powerline adapters.
Not sure that weather could be the issue as this has been happening for a year. Looks like I wasted £50 on replacing the box only for the problem to persist.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks for the feedback Royf1. Had I known there was alternative boxes available I probably should have spent my money on one of those as the TT boxes do seem to be problematic. Any recommendations for a replacement router?
Highlighted

Hi jonny,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Updated profile info.
Highlighted

Hi

Looking at the freeview signal levels for each channel  the average signal strength is about 63-65 but some channels are as low as 40.  Channels such as more4 etc, so there could be an aerial or signal issue.  Have you tried a signal amplifier.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Firstly I have now installed the new box. I checked the signal levels on HD channels and More4 as well as several others and I am getting a minimum of 65% signal with 100% quality on all stations. All I can do now is try recording some programs to see if the box has cured the problem. Thanks for your quick service Karl. I have fast fibre broadband also and I am getting well over 70 mbs download speed as someone suggested that could be a problem though I doubt that. I am not sure if these boxes have a mechanical recorder as do many PCs or a sold state one though if it is not a sold state recorder it could be a segment or two are faulty.. I will wait and see if the new box has cured the problem.