Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV box not working

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

See a couple of people with the same problem as me, box working inconsistently, and now won't record.  Not sure how old it is but I've had it a few years, possibly starting to fail?

Thomas J Marshall
Highlighted
Community Star

If you can be a bit more specfic about the issues you are having, along with any error codes you might be getting, that will be helpful. Have you tried a maintenance mode reset?

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Box reset several times but the problem remains. Aside from the slow response and occasional freezing that requires a restart the box will not record. Pressing record shows the usual red dot but the recordintg lights do not come on and it does not record.
Thomas J Marshall
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, let's wait for the support expert here to have a look, it is unlikely to be before Monday though.

Conversation Starter
OK thanks.
Thomas J Marshall
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi thomasj

Have you tried the full factory reset from the Youview settings menu ?

This will wipe and reformat the hard drive and set this back up.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES