would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV box problems

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Coling3
Repeat Guest

Very unhappy with box. Now on third replacement, each time losing all recordings.

Latest replacement has already 'failed to record' 3 programmes and also have had to restart box completely as not responded to remote.

Coling3
Highlighted
hosay299
Insightful One

@Coling3 welcome to the group. seems u post has been missed by the staff on here they should pick it up soon

could u please complete ur profile on here so they can help when they get to ur post

please do not post any person info on here as open to the public 

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Coling3

Perform a full factory reset on the box from the settings menu, set the box back up and retes twith a few recordings.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Coling3
Repeat Guest

This replacement box is a nightmare. We set two programmes to record tonight. Both said they were recording but both had stopped recording after a few minutes. Another programme ' failed to record' earlier in the week. Also had to reboot again as box wouldn't respond to remote.

So frustrating.

Colin Greengrass 

Coling3
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

As this is the third box, only option we have would be to arrange one of our brightspark engineers to see if they can see anything around the setup that could cause this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Coling3
Repeat Guest

Hi Karl

Also got your response as an email. Have replied but not sure how that works as is not shown here as yet.

Tonight box started recording Cold feet and then stopped after 3 seconds!

Coling3
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

The email is only a notification that a post has been made.  You should not reply to the email but make a post here (reply)  in the thread.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Coling3
Repeat Guest

Just wanted to clarify I haven't had 3 boxes in a short period. I have been with TalkTalk quite a few years and my original box was fine for a few years. 

However the last one I had must have only lasted a year or so. I lost all my recordings again including Christmas programmes. 

The latest box has played up virtually from the start. It is slow to respond to the remote and has already had to be rebooted at least 3 times due to it not responding at all. We now have had several programmes where it has said failed to record and more recently programmes with only minutes or seconds recorded although it hasn't said failed to record. It is very erratic and works fine at times.

Broadband connection is fine and the aerial connection seems fine so I'm not sure it will help sending out an engineer as the set up seems ok but if you think that will help then we will do that. 

There seem to be a number of posts with the same issues which raises questions about the reliability of the boxes at the moment.

Colin

Coling3
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Colin

We can swap out the box if you have had it for a while, if you would like to try this option first.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Coling3
Repeat Guest

Ok we will try a other box then thanks. It's just done the same thing again, started recording and then stopped after a few moments. Obviously not happy to end up losing recordings yet again.

Colin 

Coling3
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll get this out to you.

Thanks  

Karl.