Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV box stops working, needs rebooting every hour

13 REPLIES
Joserj
Popular Poster

Our Talk Talk TV box stops working, remote doesn’t work after one or two hours of viewing, have to reboot and start again. Have tried batteries, reset remote, retuned, and numerous reboots using button at front, at back and power switch. Seems to be since upgrade. 

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Joserj
Popular Poster

This has been updated. Thanks 

Community Team

Hi Joserj

I've updated the router firmware, test today and see if the connection is more stable.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Joserj
Popular Poster

No, sorry, still having to reboot a lot. Had to be rebooted to start, then may stop being able to change channels so have to reboot again. 

Community Team

Hi

Have you performed a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

If this has been tried and still failing, as a last option you should try the factory reset from within the youview menus.   This option will wipe and reset the harddrive, but should only be done if the maintenance reset fails to resolve.

Thanks

Karl. 

Joserj
Popular Poster

I’ve had to do a factory reset which has helped somewhat but I now cannot record anything. I’m getting a ‘please try later message’. 

Joserj
Popular Poster

We’ve done factory reset and are still having the same problems with control only working a few times, then stops. 

Joserj
Popular Poster

It’s worse again - will do about 3 functions after a reboot then stops changing channels etc,

Joserj
Popular Poster

Not working at all now.

Joserj
Popular Poster

We have no Talk Talk TV, very poor broadband. Please can you tell me how I can cancel. Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Joserj, are you really looking to cancel or are you happy to try a new tv box? 

Joserj
Popular Poster

We would like to try a new box please.

Community Team

Hi

A box is on the way.

Thanks

Karl.