Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV box won't record or play back

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

From today I cannot make recordings, they just show as failed recordings in the list and if I try and watch a recording I made before today I just get the error message IPC6040.  This only started happening today as my box was fine yesterday.   My Box is connected to the internet as I can watch subscription channels and catch-up services.  I have powered the box off for 30 minutes and rest my router to no avail.  My hard drive is 95% free as I only have a few recordings.

I will try a factory reset (keep recordings) but I fear that a new box is required, which seems to happen far to often, as it was less than a year since I had the last new box.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @MSLovell 

Is your router connected directly to the TV box by ethernet cable or using Power Line Adaptors ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Solution

HI, @fre55die. Thanks for your suggestion: I'm using power line adaptors, but it was working fine until yesterday and I didn't change anything. I can still watch internet channels and use the catch-up services (Players) on the box so the internet connection is fine. Also I can't record any channels, broadcast or internet, or playback any recordings.

I tried a Factory Reset (keep recordings) but that didn't work, so I tried a Factory Reset (delete recordings) and that seems to have worked - if that hadn't worked then it would have been a new box!  I'll leave this post open for now in case the problem recurs.

Highlighted
Community Star

@MSLovell 

Try unplugging the PLA's swapping them over and resetting and re-pairing them.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

@fre55die - see my earlier post today which I mentioned you in, as it's nothing to do with the PLAs as the internet is getting to the box because I can watch internet channels and players.  I tried a Factory Reset (delete recordings) and that seems to have worked, so I will monitor becuase if it fails again I will need a new Box and will need to talk to an OCE.

Highlighted
Community Star

@MSLovell 

The "boost" channels use a different type of transmission which requires a far higher quality uninterrupted and faster broadband connection.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@fre55die, the problem I had was not with the boost channels (sometimes I do have issues with them and have to reset the PLAs and your answer explains why this happens) but that was not my problem this time which is to do with making and watching recordings on all channels and has been solved (for now) by a factory reset (delete recordings).

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

@MSLovell 

Fingers crossed.