Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV issues

8 REPLIES 8
castlerock
Sightseer

Karl you offered help following my Trustpilot review - are you available to help now?

ferguson
Community Star

@castlerock He surely will, or one of his colleagues. Give a quick summary of your issue, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

castlerock
Sightseer

After solving a problem on my own a few days ago my TV has started giving incorrect error messages eg telling me that the Guide facility isn't available when it is. My main problem which keeps happening is that in the middle of a programme the picture will suddenly go blank and no channel will work.  Settings tells me the signal strength is low but I have another TV using the same aerial and there's no problem with it.  This happened the last two days and today it's back to normal.  However when I click on Settings today nothing happens.  It's really inconsistent which makes me think there's a problem with the box but I'm unwilling to pay for an engineer to come and tell me what I already know.  What would you advise since this keeps happening and I'm getting into the habit of watching on catch up when available or on players?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @castlerock 

Try this :

Turn the box off, then unplug the power lead for about 10 minutes.

Re-plug in power  lead.

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Antenna Out / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi castlerock

Apologies for the delay.

Have you had a look at fre55die's post/advice?

Thanks

Debbie

castlerock
Sightseer

Didn't want to try this when the TV worked perfectly the other day but when it went off again I followed this advice last night and it's resolved.  I'm hoping this is a permanent solution after having had so many problems.  Many thanks to fre55die for what seems to have done the trick!

Community Team

Hi castlerock

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

castlerock
Sightseer

Still having exactly the same problems - either every day with early in the evening OK and poor later or vice versa or every other day being OK and in between days not. I followed the instructions to the letter and it seemed to work but that only lasted a day.  Each time I turn on the TV I'm not sure whether I'll get good service or not - today and yesterday were like this so I end up watching the news for example on iPlayer.  I'll sometimes get a message that the signal is weak or lost and when that happened earlier today I left it for a while and 20 minutes later it came on with a signal quality of 92%. Later on (like now) it's not working at all. 

My contract with TalkTalk runs to the end of the year so at the moment I'm stuck with a totally unreliable service.  This is after several contacts over the past few months with online chat and no-one seems able to help.Even if I paid for an engineer to come it might achieve nothing since the visit could coincide with a time when the TV is working as it should. Can anyone help?!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @castlerock 

There are currently "FREEVIEW" transmission problems due to High Pressure weather condititions, so it may be worth hanging on for a bit and you are not alone.

Article from YOUVIEW : https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605639/issue-high-atmospheric-pressure-across-the-...

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.