Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV keeps switching back on.

9 REPLIES 9
methley3
Team Player

Just fitted replacement Youview box, switch TV off with either controllers and TV comes back on after approx 90 seconds.  Old You box nver had this problem?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @methley3 

Have you plugged box into the same HDMI socket as it sounds like you have connected to a socket that has a live socket that turns on TV when a signal detected or TT BOX updates nightly. Check your TV settings.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
methley3
Team Player

Hi Thanks for that, connections exactly the same as before.  TV stays off for approx. 90 secs. from both remotes?   New box is diferent in that it goes through full et up every time it switches on.

Community Team

Hi methley3

Have you tried changing the cable to a different HDMI socket?

It would also be worth trying resetting the TV Box.

Thanks

methley3
Team Player

Hi Changed HDMI and carried factory reset, no better.  As said in different message , also tv picture keeps breaking up which does not happen with tv connected to tv.  Also box goes through full reset and set up when switched on.  Wished I had kept old box it was maybe slow but at least it behaved.  Cannot wait for contract to expire.

Community Team

Hi

When switching the box off do you actually power off or just put the box in standby with the remote / button at te front ?

When you say it goes through full set up, does it go through the full process, retuning etc ?

Thanks

Karl. 

methley3
Team Player

Hi It was a full setting up procedure.  I switch the box by remote, as I was told it updates during the night when I first started.  Have carried out 2 factory resets and seems to cured all problems apart from the tv still switches back on, but not if I switch the box off!  Hopes this helps?

Community Team

Hi

If it is only the TV switching back on. habe a look in the TV Menu for any mention of HDMI CEC.  This is a function that can allow the TV to detect active devices attached and tun on.

Thanks

Karl. 

methley3
Team Player

Prepared to live with various silly problems, but not being unable to watch Sky sports due to the picture tearing really bad.

Community Team

Hi methley3,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've just posted on your other thread now in regards to this now.

Thanks