cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV light out on router

SHurt77
Participant

Thanks @fre55die I've tried the 30 mins and hard reset and I'm still in the same place here.

The old and new routers had completely different names and passwords if that helps. The new router doesn't even appear when plugged in. 

pete 1
Conversation Starter

I had the same issue as you many years ago, All the neighbor's wifi would show on the drop-down list except mine. I spent many hours on the phone with TalkTalk advisors blah blah blah, the end result was a replacement router.

You can see on the screenshot how good my neighbors TalkTalk signal is, the same as mine.

ScreenHunter 5154.jpg

SHurt77
Participant

Thanks @pete 1 maybe that's what I'll have to do. It seems a shame as this new router is less than a month old. 

pete 1
Conversation Starter

OCE-Carl has been excellent in helping me out.

Maybe he can remotely access your Hub to see if for some reason that the Wifi is off.

SHurt77
Participant

@OCE_Karl are you able to help? 

Thanks again @pete 1 

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Have you tried a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Try this and see if wifi is then enabled.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

SHurt77
Participant

@OCE_Karl yes I have tried that a few times, still nothing. Again TV good no WiFi. 

Thanks for getting back

OCE_Karl

Hi

I'll request a router is sent to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SHurt77
Participant

Ok thanks a lot @OCE_Karl 

Let's hope that sorts the problem out. 

Cheers

OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

SHurt77
Participant

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I've still not received the router. Could you let me know when it is due please?

Thanks

OCE_Karl

Hi

I was advised by our logistics teams one would be sent.  I'll go chase this up with them.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips