Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV not available in your area

11 REPLIES 11
CressR
Sightseer

After recently renewing I decided that I would like to use the TV service only to find that it is not available in my area.  This was not notified to me when I originally subscribed, nor when I renewed.  Something as fundamental as this should be made visible "before" you contract for any part of the service, not when you wish to take it out.

fr8ys
Community Star

Where are you seeing this? Where in the country are you.

Are you talking about Free to Air (Freeview) channels, or boosts?

You can check your availability here by putting in your postcode. https://www.freeview.co.uk

If boosts then these are no longer available to any new or existing customers wishing to upgrade and have not been since November.

As your original contract, from what you are saying, did not include TV, why would TalkTalk have to inform you of something that you were not asking for? Had you asked at the time, you would probably have been told. A company cannot inform you of everything you may wish to take out in the future, only what you are contracting for at the time. 

Please provide more details of the error message and where you are seeing this so someone can advise.

Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
CressR
Sightseer

I get the message when, logged on to my account, under "Offers & Upgrades" then "Add TV", this message is shown

noservice.png

Yes I can and do receive Freeview, so I assume there is an issue with you system.

And yes, if part of the service is not available I would expect this to be shown so an informed choice can be made.

fr8ys
Community Star

So it's the box that's not available. This is usually due to the fact that your phone line speed is not fast enough to run the internet related material such as the films from the TalkTalk store and previously the boosts. What is your download speed? Without looking I think there was a minimum of 6mbs. It should be on the website if you search.

What part of the TV service are you looking for?

As said boosts are no more, so it's now only the catch-up aspect relating to players and the ability to rent films from the store or use apps like NowTV or Prime.

TalkTalk no longer supply recordable boxes, only effectively dumb YouView boxes. As such you would get a better service potentially from buying a Roku or Firestick.

Some food for thought there giving the changing landscape of TalkTalk s offering.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
CressR
Sightseer

I'm on Fibre 65, so no issue with download speed, I was looking into getting sports channels and it appears that I need to do this through Talk Talk, or maybe Now, but that only is Sky Sports not BT Sports.

fr8ys
Community Star

Ok. Wait until next week for staff to return from the weekend to look into for you.

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

CressR
Sightseer

Nor heard anything so assume nobody has looked into this, should I raise the issue eleswhere

ferguson
Community Star

They are a bit behind at the moment I'm afraid. What TV services, if any, do you get presently and by what means? 

CressR
Sightseer

I do not subscribe to anything atm, but connection is possilble to any of the paid streaming services.

All free to air and catch up services on all channels work ok.

Only point to make is that our aerial is on a relay rather than direct

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

I would need to confirm some details with you so we can check your account, however I can advise generally that we no longer provide sky sports/movies as boosts and these are now available via a NOW TV pass. Was it specifically the movies or sports that you were after?

Thanks

CressR
Sightseer

I was aware that Now have the Sky Sports and Movies but what about BT Sport?

fr8ys
Community Star

Link for BT sports below. About halfway down

https://www.bt.com/sport/buy/talk-talk