Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV not connecting to new Wifi Hub

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi I received my new WiFi hub today everything has connected fine except the Tv, phones, tablet and computers are all working fine but I have no guide preview and no players!

I thought all I had to do was replace my existing router with the new one and turn it on, which is what I have done. I have not touched or had any reason to touch any of the connections to the tv.

Am I missing something? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Talman

Have you turned the TT box off, unplugged it for a couple of minutes and restarted it?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi  fre55die

Just tried that and still not connecting! Obviously there is an issue with the TT box and the Router not connecting. I think tomorrow I will have to try unplugging everything and setting it all up as if from scratch and see if I can get the box and router to connect!

It seems strange that everything else connected with no problem and when I have had a new router in the past I have just plugged it in and it worked! Why it is different this time is at the moment not obvious to me!

Highlighted
Community Star

@Talman

No help to you, but I've just got one and it connected straight away.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

It is strange never had a problem before!😔

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi  fre55die

An update! I use an ethernet connection and this morning I connected both the router and the internet to the same inline power adapter and the box is working fine I have the guide preview and can log into and use the players. 

The only downside if it can be called that is the computers upstairs no longer connect to the ethernet but are connected wirelessly! Which is a bit of a puzzle given everything was connected via ethernet previously!

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Talman

If you are using Powerline Adaptors you may have to re-pair them.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi fre55die

I think I will leave well alon now! 😄 Everything is working the wireless signal is good, I may perhaps revisit the ethernet connection another day, but we are about to go on holiday and at least now our housesitter has access to the internet and the tv players! The way things have been going for me at the mo she could end up with nothing at all!! 🙂