Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV picture break up

17 REPLIES 17
maryold9
Repeat Guest

We've had Talktalk tv with an additional box for over 6 months now. We have never been able to use them.. We have a masthead amp and power supplies by the TV's and we have never had a single problem with Freeview, Sky or BT. Talktalk TV picture just breaks up all the time. I have tried the online help and the phone help and they are useless 😞

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Mary Hughes
Divsec
Community Star

Hi @maryold9 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account please don't post personal details here.

I'm guessing you have been through the rebooting routine a few times?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi maryold9

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

maryold9
Repeat Guest

Sorry about that. My son has updated my profile now.

Mary Hughes
Community Team

Hi Mary

Is it the freeview picture that breaks up or the subscription channels, those from channel 301 upwards ?

Do the on demand players such as BBC Iplayer work ok ?

Thanks

Karl. 

maryold9
Repeat Guest

It is the freeview picture that's breaks up. We don't really watch on demand and the channels from 300+ are okay. It's odd because if we watch the freeview channels on the TV itself, there is no problem.

Mary Hughes
maryold9
Repeat Guest

and it's the same on the 2nd box in the other room.

Mary Hughes
Community Team

Hi

You mentioned earlier you had a masthead amp, is this connected to both aerial supplies to each TV Box ?

Looking at the signal strengthm on the main box (The recording one) - the average signal strength for each channel is 65.

On the non recordable box, the signal strength for each channel is arounf 77.

Thanks

Karl. 

maryold9
Repeat Guest

yeah there are two leads from the masthead, one to each tv and each has a power supply. you think maybe there is a cable problem with the main box? it's just odd because that is the one where we have had freeview, BT & Sky boxes before and never had a problem. The in built freeview on that TV still works fine now.

Mary Hughes
Community Team

Hi

Is there a seperate aerial cable connected to the TV or have you tested the same cable that goes to the youview box ?

Thanks

Karl. 

maryold9
Repeat Guest

there is only one aerial cable. i have tried it in the youview box, into the youview box and out into the tv and directly into the tv. with the youview box off it works fine when i turn the youview box on, the picture breaks up.

Mary Hughes
Community Team

Hi

Doe the amplifier have a varial gain adjustment ?  Can you vary the signal strength from the amplifier.  

Thanks

Karl. 

maryold9
Repeat Guest

Sorry for the delay. Both amplifiers are fixed. I will take a good look at the aerial cable and any connectors to the main TV sometime, I guess. I am pretty tired of having to still deal with it right now but thank you for your help.

Mary Hughes
Community Team
maryold9
Repeat Guest

Okay so I have checked both aerial cables thoroughly and they are both in good condition with no obvious damage. I tried the 2nd youview box in the main TV room and it was exactly the same as the main youview box. Both boxes are bad on both cables even if you switch them. The only difference between the two boxes is the aerial cable in the front room is a bit longer. I don't know what else to do 😞

We still cannot use either box. I think we will just have to try to cancel the TV package. It's useless to us right now.

Thanks

Mary Hughes
Community Team

Hi maryold9

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement TV Box for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

maryold9
Repeat Guest

If you could please. It is pretty useless right now.

Thanks

Mary Hughes
Community Team

Hi Mary

The replacement TV Box is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie