Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TV+ recordings show blank screen

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My TalkTalk TV Plus box started playing up last Monday (10th Dec)

When I try to play back some of my recordings, I just get a blank/black screen.

The recordings have the correct thumbnails and appear to be the right length, and when I delete them I free up space. They are NOT "failed" recordings. They just won't play back properly.

All my older recordings still play properly. And some "new" recordings are OK. It doesn't seem to be linked to which channel the programmes were on.

For instance, I recorded one program which had two episodes on the same evening. One episode recorded properly, the other just gives the blank screen.

I've seen threads where nothing will playback, or all recordings fail, but not an intermittent fault like this.

Has there been a recent software update which might have caused this? Or is my drive actually full despite showing around 20% free?

Help, please?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

See if the content will then play back.  If this does not resolve then the only option is a full factory reset and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks OCE_Karl

Before your reply I tried simply rebooting, which didn't work.

Then I tried rebooting and immediately deleting all the "faulty" recordings. This of course freed up some space and "touch wood" so far, so good.

If I get any more failures I will try what you suggest next.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Glad the suggestion helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES