cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TV2GO app or Youview app to watch boost channels ?

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES
Highlighted
bearpeje
Chat Champion

I have BT Sport and Sky Sport Boosts with my Talk Talk Youview service.

Recently, BT Sport introduced an app so that I can watch their 4 channels on a couple of registered devices when I'm out and about, but there seems to be conflicting advice on this site and others, as to whether Boost channels like Sky Sports can be viewed via the TV2GO app.

There are also some poor reviews for the TV2GO app, but much better ones for the Youview app.

Does anybody know if either or both of these apps do indeed allow Boost channels to be viewed on a phone or tablet ?

I understand the bit about the first use of the device needing to be via my home wi-fi, but any further info would be much appreciated.

Community Team

Hi 

These two apps do not allow you to watch Boost channels.

Our teams are looking at options for the future.

Take a look at http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/02/28/talktalk-to-revamp-mobile-tv-experience/

Thanks

Karl. 

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Are you a Gamer? Have Standard Broadband ? Why not sign up for our latest Trial

bearpeje
Chat Champion

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply, but can you explain please why this appears on my Talk Talk site ?

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/myservices/Tv2goapp

Community Team

Hi

The number of channels available via the TV2Go app is limited. I think there were about 5 main channels available and there was on demand content available, the channels were things like History, History2 and a couple of the Kids channels etc, no Movies or Sports channels.

The TV2GO app is no longer being developed as our teams are looking at other options and we hope to be able to announce any decisions soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

bearpeje
Chat Champion

Thanks Karl

It might be helpful then, to remove or edit the blurb on the TT site re the app.

How about the Youview app ? Does that work with Talk Talk channels ?

Community Team

Hi

The new TalkTalk TV app - basically our version of the youview app, shows listings for all your channels.  You cannot watch your content via the app, but can see listings, set reminders and recordings when the app is paired with your box.

Thanks

Karl. 

bearpeje
Chat Champion

OK Karl

That isn't what it says on the site, but thanks.

I have just tried in vain on Livechat, as the notifications of new messages on this forum are still going to my old email, although I have amended the address on my account. Is there somewhere to amend the notification email on here please ?

Community Team

Hi,

Notifications are usually sent to the address associated with your community profile.

Karl.

bearpeje
Chat Champion

Karl,

If you look on your profile, and can find anywhere that it shows the email address, or anywhere that allows you to change it, Please tell me where ?

Community Team
Solution

Hi

If you go to your profile settings under personal info, do you see the option to change your email :

bearpeje
Chat Champion

Karl

You are a STAR Smiley Face

I didn't get the drop down menu, but a second click on email, took me to the page to enter a new email, and then it just needed me to verify an email link. 

Hurrah !!!

Community Team

No Problem :)  glad to help.

Regards

Karl