Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk TV - £4 a month for freeview?

15 REPLIES 15
an1dr2ew3
First Timer

To whom it may concern, Why has Talk Talk have not put the infrastructure in place to remove the TV service for those who like me do not want to incur the £4 a month fee for what is basically glorified freeview? I have spoken to a representative via live chat today (copy of the transcript below). Could someone please confirm that I will not be charged the additional £4 a month ongoing fee as the representative mentioned a 1 month credit and then a monthly credit up to the end of the contract. The live chat got extremely confusing and I am still not convinced that I will not be charged going forward. This is extremely poor customer service being shown by Talk Talk Many thanks - Andrew

Info at 13:27, Jan 10: You are now through to RAYNING. How can I help you? RAYNING at 13:27, Jan 10: Hello. Good afternoon, Andrew. This is Rayning from the Customer Service team you're chatting with. Hope you are well. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:28, Jan 10: Im Good thank you, how are you RAYNING at 13:28, Jan 10: Great to know that. I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. How can I assist you today? Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:29, Jan 10: I received an email about paying £4 a month for TV, which I would like to opt of please RAYNING at 13:29, Jan 10: Thank you for getting in touch I understand that you would like to know about the £4.00 TV price change charge per month. No worries, I'm more than happy to help. Let me check your account regarding that. RAYNING at 13:29, Jan 10: I can see you have logged into MyAccount before chatting with us today so there's no need for us to ask any security questions. RAYNING at 13:29, Jan 10: Whilst I am waiting for your account to fully load up. How's your day so far? Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:30, Jan 10: so far so good, looking forward to home time 🙂 RAYNING at 13:31, Jan 10: That's good to know. I'm very excited today, since we will celebrate my birthday after our shift. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:31, Jan 10: congratulations RAYNING at 13:32, Jan 10: Thank you very much, Andrew. Kindly give me 3-4 minutes to check your account here. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:32, Jan 10: no problem RAYNING at 13:34, Jan 10: Thanks for staying online. I've checked your account here and see that previously you have TV services with us, which from the month of February, there's incoming change that will cost all of our customer amounting of £4.00 per month and the benefits that you can get is : • TalkTalk TV now encompasses our whole TV proposition, including the TV box, Apps and Website. Customers who order a TalkTalk TV Box will have access to up to 80 Freeview channels, some of the UK’s favourite catch up players including iPlayer and ITV Hub, Netflix and films and TV shows to rent and own. • Access to flexible TV Boosts that can be added or removed from their package monthly. • Multi-room is now included in the price as standard. • A £5 TalkTalk TV voucher to be redeemed against 1,000s of films in Rent or Own each month. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:36, Jan 10: that was included in the email, I wont use the service so would like to have it removed please RAYNING at 13:38, Jan 10: I truly understand you about it, we can still fix this, we can offer to cover the 1 month £4.00 charge on your account and moving forward we will add the £4.00 charge on your monthly bill. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:39, Jan 10: to Clarify you will add £4 credit to my account each month to cover the £4 a month bill? RAYNING at 13:40, Jan 10: I truly understand you about it, just only for 1 month and moving forward the £4.00 bill will be added on your monthly bill. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:40, Jan 10: No thank you, Please remove the TV service altogether please RAYNING at 13:42, Jan 10: I totally understand you, what I can do here is to raise the webform to remove the charge up until the end of your contract as we don't have any tools at the moment to remove the TV service on your package, but you can contact us on the 3rd of February once the tools is available to remove the TV service on your account. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:44, Jan 10: I don't understand why Talk Talk hasn't put this in place before sending the email? It is extremely bad customer service. I do not see why I am going to be charged for glorified freeview that I can watch through my TV already RAYNING at 13:45, Jan 10: I truly understand you about it, what we can do here is to raise the webform to remove the charge on your account, we're sending our customer an email to be notified about the new changes and charges. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:46, Jan 10: I have received the email which is why I am messaging you to say I do not want the TV service? RAYNING at 13:47, Jan 10: I totally understand you. Would you like me to raise the webform to remove the charge of £4.00 up until the end of the contract, as I mentioned on the top of this message since you previously have a TalkTalk TV Service the reason why you will be affected. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:48, Jan 10: Yes please. I do not want to incur the £4 monthly fee and am happy to cancel the TV package if need be. RAYNING at 13:49, Jan 10: I truly understand you about it. Please give me 2-3 minutes to raise the webform. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:49, Jan 10: Thank you RAYNING at 13:52, Jan 10: Thanks for staying online. I already raise the webform to remove the charge on your account. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:53, Jan 10: Thank you for your help Rayning. Can you please confirm that this will be removed for the duration of my contract not just the first month? RAYNING at 13:54, Jan 10: You're most welcome. Yes, I can guarantee that you will not be charge £4.00 on your next month bill. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:55, Jan 10: what do I do for the following months? RAYNING at 13:56, Jan 10: I totally understand you about it. Please be advise that the webform will cover up until the end of your contract. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:57, Jan 10: Sorry I am confused . You have credited the next months bill of £4 and the webform will credit all future £4 charges RAYNING at 13:58, Jan 10: I'm sorry to know that. The only thing that we process is to raise the webform to remove the charge on your account, we will not credit the £4.00 on your next bill as you will not be charge after we raise the webform today. Mr Andrew Hoad at 13:59, Jan 10: I understand that next month is credited what happens from March onwards??? RAYNING at 14:00, Jan 10: I truly understand you about it, there's no credit will applied, you will not be charge £4.00, we raise the webform to remove the charge on your account up until the end of your contract. Mr Andrew Hoad at 14:00, Jan 10: ok thank you for your help RAYNING at 14:00, Jan 10: It is my pleasure to have you assisted today. Please be advise that, by using My Account ( https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk) you can manage your bills, payments, upgrades, and special offers. Whilst also making sure we have your most up to date contact information should we ever need to get in touch. Mr Andrew Hoad at 14:01, Jan 10: Thank you RAYNING at 14:01, Jan 10: Just a quick sum, we've discussed the TV changes on your account raise the webform to remove the charge up until the end of your contract. Is there anything else I can be assist you today? Mr Andrew Hoad at 14:01, Jan 10: No thats it thank you for all your help RAYNING at 14:02, Jan 10: Thank you for contacting TalkTalk. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you need further help. We are open 7 days a week, from 08:00-22:00. Enjoy the rest of the day. Bye for now. Info at 14:02, Jan 10: Thank you for chatting with us.

djmacrae
Team Player

That was very similar to what I experienced on Live Chat. It's amazing how they can make the whole thing so complicated. Reminds me of a Borat interview.

neilm831
Team Player
Its a nutty set up that's for sure,See my post
an1dr2ew3
First Timer

Looks like we are all in the same boat, I just think it’s idiotic that Talk-Talk think that it’s ok to charge £4 a month for Freeview which I can watch through my TV aerial anyway.

I have a smart TV and can add a HDD via USB to record as well, so I really don’t need to use the Talk-Talk TV box at all - they are more than welcome to have it back if they want it.

My live chat got extremely confusing and I’m not confident that the charge has been removed/waived. This will annoy the majority of customers who will cancel, when cancelled Talk-Talk will remove their rental service and prevent customers from the ad-hoc movie purchase they may make through their TV box which would have generated Talk-Talk revenue. They are biting off their nose to spite their face, roll on November when I can wave goodbye to these cowboys.

The name is in the title Talk-Talk 'Freeview' you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Community Manager

Hey @an1dr2ew3,

Thanks for the feedback about your interaction with us via chat and apologies for any confusion caused as a result of speaking with Rayning. I'd be more than happy to check the fee has been removed but i just need some information from you before accessing your account.

I'll send you a PM now with some questions, if you could reply I'll get this sorted for you 

Thanks  

Community Manager

Thanks for confirming that information for us, I've processed the request to remove the fee, let us know if you have any other questions. 

an1dr2ew3
First Timer

Thank you for all your help Stephen, if you could please let me know when the request to remove the fee has been processed I would appreciate it

Community Manager

It's done. The fee doesn't take effect until next month but your request is done you don't need to worry about it, we've taken care of that. 

Snapper66
Popular Poster

I have had the same issue, where the online chat told me i could cancel the tv section of my contract but not the whole contract, they keep hiding changes to the contract, at my last renewal I was going to change suppliers but I used the free webspace, so i stayed but then it was taken away and i was tld because it was free it was not part of the contract. I have signed up for a fixed price 18 month contract for phone, broadband and TV and now ium told its going up. Can anyone tell me where i can a copy of the contract so I can read the small print.

I am constantly offered better deals, so maybe its time for a change.

Montrose54
Participant

I called tried the online chat and eventually called reagrding the £4 charge that is being introduced. I can not see what the charge is for? You get nothing for it that you dont get through freeview plus. I tried to cancel my contract but was also told that it was a stand alone extra and could not escape. Luckily was just about out of contract so have decided to Jump ship to vodafone fibre at £20 per month. 

I have been happy with most aspects of talk talk even throught their bad times but this was underhand and really annoyed me. Made me leave and sure others will follow.

So dissapointing.

Community Team

Hi @Snapper66 , @Montrose54

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Snapper66
Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl I have aleady done this, thanks

New post for issue

Curioser
First Timer

Thanks for your post. They would only refund 53p of a £4 charge. I have never had any TV services from TalkTalk, just broadband and a phone. One more blatant theft of my money and I will leave Talk talk

Curioser
First Timer

Thank you for your post. My experience was the ame and I have had any TV services from Talk talk. I am not convinced I have it sorted as the representative was only interested in persuading me to take this charge and did not listen to me at all. I would have got better service from a robot! 

Curioser
First Timer
correction - my post should have read "I have never had any TV services from Talk talk. "
Community Team

Hi Curioser

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl