Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk TV Box problems

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Our TV box (Huawei DN372) has been getting very unreliable over the past few months.

I'll list the problems all are intermittent:

Failed scheduled recordings - seemed to be fixed with a channel rescan, but then comes back.

Recodings that look to be OK but when they are played it's just a black screen with no audio - sometimes a power off and re-boot fixes, but more often than not it doesn't.

Box goes slow for no reason.

When skipping through ad breaks the box ignores the remote control.

Box randomly seems to lock up.

I did speak to Talk Talk CS about the problem about a month ago but that was a waste of time with the rep just pointing me to the website where I can buy another box for £299!

I tried replacing the external power adapter with a same spec one and I thought I had fixed the problems until a couple of days ago when they started to re-occur again.

I was going to do a factory reset, but the menu says this will delete all my recordings, which I really don't want to do.

Any ideas please?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You can try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and see if performance improves.  If there is an issue after this with recordings failing to play, the factory reset would then be the only option before looking to replace the box as this option will wipe the hard drive.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try and report back here.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Well so far an option 4 reset seems to have helped. No problems for a couple of days so far.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

That's great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.