Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk Tv App skipping episodes

5 REPLIES
Simon159
Sightseer

I am having to use the talk talk tv app due to talk talk not supporting the app on samsung tvs anymore which is not great but can live with, so am forced to but chrome cast and use that.

But when i go to watch a box set that i own, i try to watch from begining of a season and to start with it starts to play episode 1,  but not that long into it it then pops uo saying 'UP NEXT Episode 2' with a 20 second count down.

If i stop casting the countdown stops and continues to play but the minute i cast again the timer comes back and after 20 seconds it goes to episode 2.

I make sure i select restart and not resume when starting the episode. but it still continues to go on to next episode after 20 seconds

Can this timer be stopped or disabled?  i have looked at the very limited settings there are and nothing about auto play or up next, tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. still no good.

If i watch on a laptop then it gives me option to X out the timer but nothing like it on chromecast.

Anyone else had this issue?  very anoying and as i would like to watch the tv shows i have bought but talk talk is stopping me.

Community Team

Hi Simon

Are you using Andriod or IOS on the device and what version ?

What version of the TalkTalk app is installed ?

What TV programme are you trying to watch?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Simon159
Sightseer

Android, version 1.0.1814.0150,  Game of thrones season 6

Simon159
Sightseer

And Android version 7 and 8, tried on 2 devices still getting same result

Community Team

Hi

Can you also add your home phone number to your Community Profile

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi

And if you could tell us what version of chromecast you are running that will help our testers :)

Any screen shots or videos would also be good.

Thanks

Karl.