cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk box keeps freezing and not responding.

14 REPLIES
Nicknewark
Popular Poster

My Mum has the TalkTalk TV Plus box, which for the past month is freezing most evenings and becomes unresponsive. The only way to clear it is to turn it off and on. I have tried a factory reset and it doesn;t seem to help. For the past week, it has frozen and locked up nearly every night. Any idea's. 

Community Team

Hi

Can you add your mums phone number to the private notes section of your Community Profile and I'll have a look at the box remotely.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Nicknewark
Popular Poster
thanks, just added. Regards, >Nick.
Community Team

Hi

I don't see any issues with the TV box, no errors or bad sectors on the drive.  Signal levels all look ok etc.

On the broadband side, speeds look ok and line tests are clear but I can see some errors building on the downstream path.  

First step is to swap out the router so we can rule this out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Nicknewark
Popular Poster
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply, would the router swap be chargeable or is it free? thanks.
Community Team

Hi

This will be free and part of our diagnostic process.

Thanks

Karl. 

Nicknewark
Popular Poster

Thank you for your help, can you arrange for the router to be sent out. Regards, Nick. 

Community Team

Hi Nick

router is already ordered :)

Thanks

Karl. 

Nicknewark
Popular Poster
Thanks for the quick response,
Great service and much appreciated. Nick.
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Nicknewark
Popular Poster

Hi karl

Thanks for sending out the Router which I replaced last week. If it's not trouble could you check the TV Box again, my Mum still seems to be having issues with it locking up and freezing. It prevents her changing channel and the only way to reset it is to turn it off. It happened several times last night if that helps you identify anything. Thanks again. 

Community Team

Hi

Sorry to hear this, I'll have a look at the TV box now and check out a few of the diagnostic logs to see if there are any possible issues. 

Will reply back soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi @Nicknewark

I can see some errors so I'll get the box swapped out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Nicknewark
Popular Poster

Thanks very much Karl, you have been really

helpful. I will let you know how it goes when the new box arrives. Cheers, Nick. 

Community Team

no worries :)

Karl.