would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk you view box 'Fails to Record'

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Starting my own thread..

I have also been getting quite a few Failed Recordings (and onces that record only 2-3 seconds of blank) over the last couple of months.

Most things do record ok..  My signal is from Crystal Palace.

Getting it on random channels, BBC1HD (Match of the day), ITV1HD (Martin Lewis), ITV4 (Professionals) and Five. So it doesn't seem specific channel related.

I've not yet performed a reset as mentioned above (Ideally not want to lose recordings), but will check s/w version, etc. and see...

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Recording issues are under investigation by YouView ad we have seen this happen across different box models and providers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
I'm still getting failed recordings, even after doing a reset and software update. Random programs on various channels.
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Visitor

Can I ask what tv box model you're suggesting to send? After having several years of problems with tv box freezing and failed recordings, as well as very short recordings (20 secs or so) I asked for a new model of tv and router thinking things will improve. The router looks like an upgrade. However, the new tv box is still DN372T and has frozen several times already and failed to record. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

The current box we are sending is the DN372 Model.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Community Star

HI @niunie 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately. It also saves confusion as to who anyone is replying to as in this case, @OCE_Karl  sent the reply to @electroglidekid 7 hours ago,  before you had written on his post.  @OCE_Karl is brilliant but I don't believe that seeing into the future is one of his superpowers yet !! 😀

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Visitor

For the last meeting month my box has been really slow, freezing at times and sometimes failing to record too. Do I need a new box?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JulieShim

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Karl,

I'm not sure a new box will make any difference really..  From all the discussions here it seems to be software issues with the TV guide/data from the transmitter, decoding...  If you were to send a new box, how long would I be able to test and check recordings before returning?  If it still fails some recording's i'd hold on to my existing box with the current saved recordings. There is no way to transfer out programs?

Thanks. Steve.