would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk App add appearing on Youview box

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES
actomox
Visitor

Over the weekend an advertisement for TalkTalk's on the go TV app suddenly popped up when I was accessing the programme guide.  I read it and clicked OK for the highlighted 'Got It'.  Every time since then when i make any selections using the box remote  up pops the same ad and I have to press the 'Got it' to move on to what I'm really wanting to do at the time.

It's annoying the hell out of me and doesn't seem to have a 'Don't show me this again' option.

Has anyone else experienced it or found a solution?

andy265
Team Player

I'm getting the same screen come up every time the box comes out of standby. I've pressed Got It every time, but it keeps coming back. Not found a way to stop it coming back :(

Community Team

Hi

The add does appear when the box is turned on but when dismissed the add should not return whilst the box is active.  

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

Surely it shouldn't appear every time the box powers up. That's just silly and annoying Nerd face Quiet face

I've had this everyday now since the weekend. Is there a way to disable it or do we need to see it everytime the box comes back up forever?

Community Team

Hi

The ad can be dismissed quickly when it appears, and most people do not reboot the box that often, s should not be a major issue.   These type of things are usually short lived and definitely won't be there for ever, but I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

actomox
Visitor
Thanks Karl
actomox
Visitor
I'm afraid it does Karl. I have had it pop up several times in a single evening when I switch from TV to Guide and then on to My TV and up it pops again. On Saturday I must have had it half a dozen times in total. Marketing gone berserk.
Community Team

Hi

When you mention switching to TV do you mean switching away from the Youview HDMI input ?

Does the TV have HDMI CEC active, if it does and you switch back to the youview input on the TV it is possible the TV sends a wake up signal down the HDMI to the box and this may trigger the pop up, but the Ad should only really appear at first start up.

Thanks

Karl. 

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

I didn't see it this morning when i brought the box out of Standby. maybe it's gone now Cool face

andy265
Team Player

Yep, didn't appear for me today either Thumbs up

Community Team
Solution

Hi

These things don't stay around for long, ads are always changing so are always fleeting :)

Karl.