Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk D-link powerline adapters keep dropping out

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi. The TalkTalk Supplied and branded D-link powerline adapters keep dropping out. I have only one pair of them and 95% of the time they work fine. Then they just drop out and lose connection despite the configuration being as per design (plugged directly into wall, so no extension cables etc., no rcd, well ventilated). I have to unplug either end for a few seconds then reconnect it and it starts working but having to walk through two rooms four or five times a day is irritating as the one near the tv isn’t easily accessible. I’ve done factory resets and followed all the advice but still the same issues. How do I get a replacement set ? The one by the router is a DHP-308AV while the one connected to the smart tv is a WiFi booster type one, model DHP-W310AV. This has been happening for several weeks and I’ve tried everything but they’re just not working properly. The connection must be right as they work most of the time and they re-connect / re-sync on their own after disconnecting them both for more than 30 seconds.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @dnaconstruction 

This could be linked to your other problem. Could you try unplugging both plugs and try re-pairing them, I find that it is easier to re-pair them if they are connected to the same double socket for this or at least very close to each other.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/Free-view-picture-break-up/m-p/2556478#M154839

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi. I’ve just done a factory reset and re-paired them. I’ll monitor it and see if there is any improvement in the next 24 hours and report back if it starts to fail on either issue. Cheers.

Highlighted
Team Player

Less than two hours after doing the reset/re-pair and it’s failed with IPC6023 error. I hadn’t been watching a subscription channel during that time (although I did check it was working after the re-pairing) so it may have failed a bit earlier than the two hours.

Highlighted
Team Player

And then three mins later it starts working again without me doing anything. Weird.

Highlighted
Team Player

Within the hour stopped working again with same error code

Highlighted
Team Player

Since re-pairing the PLA's last night, I've noticed that the TALKTALK network which should be being broadcast by the DHP-W310AV device is no longer available. Spent 3 hours trying to log in to the device using the 192.168.1.1 method but can't connect/log in to it no matter how hard I try.  I need a new one of those but it was a TalkTalk engineer that supplied it last year so no idea if it's still in warranty or not. but as we're long term TalkTalk TV and Superfast Broadband subscribers, I'd imagine we should be able to get one via TalkTalk - can someone please send us one out ?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll get a replacement set of adapters out to you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Karl

Highlighted
Solution

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

The new PLA's have arrived and work fine, so please close this post down and thanks once again Karl !

Highlighted

Hi

Glad the new adapters are working.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips