Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Plus box fails to record

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

My box has failed to make scheduled recordings for the past few weeks. Sometimes the message 'Failed to record' appears on the My TV screen so at least I know it hasn't worked, or no failure message appears but when I try to play the supposed recording it just goes straight back to live TV. I've read previous threads about this issue, have checked all my connections etc and have done a factory reset but this has not solved the problem.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,  I've had something very similar with scheduled recordings either failing outright or aborting after less than a minute.   No clashes are being reported so we are not aware of any issues until we try to watch the programs.   The online help hasn't helped,  it doesn't matter if we are recording when the TV is in use or not.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Is this happening on all recordings or only Subscription channels / freeview channels etc ?

Did you perform the full factory reset option from the settings menu ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Conversation Starter

Hi - weirdly, since I wrote that initial post, the problem seems to have resolved itself. No idea why, as I haven't changed anything. I'll continue to monitor the situation and will post again if I have more failed recordings.

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The box is still failing to record most of the time, having tried it regularly since my last post and done another full factory reset. It does record occasionally, but most of the time either doesn't record at all or only records the first few seconds of a programme. This happens on all channels. I have also noticed that the box is increasingly failing to respond to the remote control, even after replacing the batteries.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Our colleagues over at YouView are currently investigating a couple of reports of failed recordings as this has affected other providers.

Thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

That's interesting but doesn't really help me in knowing when and how my own problem will be resolved. What are the next steps with YouView and when do you expect some action?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

It is being investigated but as yet we have no time scales for resolution.

Thanks

Karl

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I don't think this is an adequate response to a problem I have been experiencing since January. The inability to make recordings represents a significant failure in service for me. Plus, as I said in my last post, the box is also increasingly often not responding to the remote control, so it obviously has more than one defect.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I'm sorry you feel this way.  The issue is under investigation and the teams are working towards a solution but I'm unable to give a timescale.

If this is unacceptable I can only suggest you follow our Complaint Process

Thanks

Karl