would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV £4 Monthly Charge

10 REPLIES
Kbendel
Participant

Hello,

I received an email about a £4 monthly charge being applied for TalkTalk TV.

From what I have read on the forums I have no wish to talk to a customer service representative on the phone.

I understand that the £4 fee applies to being able to use TalkTalk TV boosts, of which I do not use.

I would like to opt out of the £4 monthly fee for TalkTalk TV.

Can some one explain how this opting out will affect me.

Regards,

Keith

simonpjackson
Popular Poster
Hi Keith, I have just been on an online chat, they said they will credit me £4 to cover next month, then on 03/02 you can go online and remove the service, they also said I will need tom return the box (fine by me!) it will have to be returned within 14 days of cancelling the TV services, and it will be free to return. Hope that helps - Simon
Community Manager

Hey @Kbendel

We can help with this here if you don't want to call or chat and if needed we can remove the fee which as you've said you don't currently make use of the boosts we can remove the fee from your account but I will need some more info from you and I've sent you a PM with some questions. 

@simonpjackson Thanks for posting, unfortunately, what you've been told isnt 100% correct, for which I'm deeply sorry but allow me to confirm. Firstly, you won't be able to remove this online yourself, this is only done via the support teams like phone, chat or on here. Also, there is absolutely no need to return your STB so please keep hold of this, If you'd like the fee removing completely we can help with that here. 

Kbendel
Participant

Simon,

You say you have to return the tv box?

I  originally had an 18 month contract which included a free TV box. That contract ended and a few months later I renewed with another 18 month contract.

I have read on the forums that after the original contract is completed the tv box is yours?

Keith

simonpjackson
Popular Poster
Hi Keith, Stephen (Community Manager) says the box can be kelp, so looks like online chat support are getting confused! Simon
Community Manager

Hi, 

Thanks for confirming the information id asked for, I can now confirm that the TV charge has been removed from your account.

Thank you

Kbendel
Participant

Stephen,

Thank you for removing the £4 charge from my account.

So I can continue to use TalkTalk TV as usual.

Watch/Record YouView, Watch catch up TV via online players, iPlayer etc.., Rent/Buy films through the TalkTalkTV store.

The only thing I can't do is use the TalkTalk TV Boosts. Is this correct?

Regards,

Keith

Kbendel
Participant

Can someone confirm this please:

I have opted out of the £4 monthly charge but I can continue to use TalkTalk TV as usual.

Watch/Record YouView, Watch catch up TV via online players, iPlayer etc.., Rent/Buy films through the TalkTalkTV store.

The only thing I can't do is use the TalkTalk TV Boosts. Is this correct?

Community Team

Hi Kbendel

With the removal of the TV Access Fee, you can still use the box to watch and record freeview channels.  You can use the on demand players such as BBC Iplayer, and access third party services such as Netflix.  You can also Rent and Own Movies via the Store.

You will not be able to Add or Remove TV Boosts flexibly or have access to on the go services to watch Boost content via the Web or Mobile App.  You will not have access to Boost on demand content within the TalkTalk TV Player.

Thanks

Karl. 

Kbendel
Participant

Hi Karl,

Thanks very much for your response confirming the issue.

Regards,

Keith

Community Team