Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV Box - Fast Forward Problem?

6 REPLIES
jazzyman2012
Team Player

I am having problems with my TalkTalk TV Box D372 Model.  When I am fastforwarding at x30 speed the remote does not work and fails to stop at normal playing speed. If I use the x12 speed there is no problem.  Anyone else with the same problem?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @jazzyman2012

No problems that I'm aware of.  What manufacturer software version is the box on?

The soft reset of the TV Box often works to fix strange operating faults. Press and hold the YouView front panel power / standby button for 8 seconds, until the lights change then let go. Then just wait for the box to restart.  Or when the hard drive isn't active, power off at the back, wait a few minutes and repower.

If that simple fix doesn't effect a cure then try a Maintenance Mode reset of the TV Box (Click here). Read the instructions so you know what to expect, select your box model and when prompted on screen select Option 2 (Keep recordings) as a first choice.

Restore the box settings and worth rebooting the router and any connecting powerline adaptors and check they've got green lights showing.

You'll need to reinstate personal settings, including parental controls, antenna loop through, surround sound and also reinstate any scheduled recordings - take a note of scheduled recordings before a maintenance reset.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @jazzyman2012

Have you fixed the fast forward issue or would you appreciate more help?

jackheslop96
First Timer

I have the same problem. Pressing the play button has little to no effect when on x30 fast forward. Did you find a fix for this?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @jackheslop96

You have posted on an old fixed post so it is unlikely to be seen.

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
jazzyman2012
Team Player
Unfortunately I could not find a fix to this problem. I only use the x12 speed for fast forwarding and rewinding and this speed works ok.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi

I reviewed this issue, discovered that it has been reported to the TV Trials teams and it does now appear to be one of those hardware / software compatibility issues that may affect a few TV Boxes. It doesn't affect my DN372t TV Box, for example, where at any fast forward / fast rewind speed the TV Box remains responsive to the remote control.

But it may still be worth checking the remote control batteries, trying the reboot / soft reset and then the Maintenance Mode resets to see if a reset does effect an improvement. But only do the Maintenance Mode resets if prepared to take time out to set the TV Box up again.