Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV Plus Box Fails To Record

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

My TalkTalk TV Plus Box has failed to record any programmes from any channels since May 10th 2020. Tried everything except reboot, as don't wont to get rid of some saved programmes from before.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I have had other issues, connection problems for months, two engineers visits, new Modem [March 2020], new phone line, upgrade to Fast Fibre [April 2020], line check still saying fault and engineer arranged to be sent out today within in next 2 days one hour after last engineer left, at wits end!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Sorry to hear this.  Do you mean you have an engineer arranged to come out in 2 days (Thursday).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi I have now got a text saying engineer fixed problem so  I should check home set up. I have done this You View Box still failing to record. Please provide new TV plus box.

Highlighted

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

The engineer came to fix the ongoing problem I have had of the internet dropping out. He found a fault on the phone (a crackling) and fixed it, and got the broadband speed up again from 5 to 30. However since he left the internet has continued to drop out occasionally, not every 5 mins as before but now 2 or 3 times a day.

I did mention the unable to record but as a BT engineer he was unable to help with the TalkTalk TV plus box , still unable to record anything, have tried all advice, except factory re-set.

Highlighted
First Timer

I would like a new box please.

I cannot find a place to put my account number on my profile but have put my telephone number.

Highlighted

Hi

All broadband tests are clear so the connection looks fine.

Can you perform a factory reset from the settings menu,

This will clear any corrupt files and set the hard drive back up.

This is the last thing to try before we replace the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
First Timer

Had same problem had to do factory reset. Worked can now play and record.wiped my recordings but could not watch any way.

Highlighted

Hi

A corrupt recording or file could have been present and wiping the hard drive and setting this back up may have been the only option to clear this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips